ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-07-04

Moderator: NADEO

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-07-04

Post by jonthekiller »

kremsy wrote:Have a short question: How to start a Server in Elite or Joust Mode?
You need to change the name of the title by "SMStormElite@nadeolabs" or "SMStormJoust@nadeolabs" in your command line or dedicated_cfg, replace the script name in the matchsettings :

Code: Select all

<script_name>ShootMania\Joust.Script.txt</script_name>
or

<script_name>ShootMania\Elite.Script.txt</script_name>
And put the maps.

You have an integrated matchsettings in the title pack, you can use him by call :

/dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfgElite.txt
And last, the playerlogin need to install the Elite or Joust title in a station.
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

kremsy wrote:Which maps have to be used for Elite and Joust or can all be used?

I made the Masterserveraccount like the other ones and have this error:
[2012/07/07 11:40:49] Identifying on master server...
[2012/07/07 11:40:49] ...ERROR: Login unknown: there is no account with this login. Please make sure you spelled your login right.
You need to create a serverlogin on your playerpage : http://player.maniaplanet.com

You need to use maps create for these modes.

If you use /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfgElite.txt or /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfgJoust.txt, it will use the default matchsettings.
DeathDriver

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-07-03

Post by DeathDriver »

Was all ok... the problem was the EXACT SAME like in Canyon:
Sythy wrote:... I had to have this in my run.sh file:

./ManiaPlanetServer /title=TMCanyon /game_settings=MatchSettings/TMCanyonB.txt /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt
Rather than this:

./ManiaPlanetServer /game_settings=MatchSettings/TMCanyonB.txt /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt /title=TMCanyon
thank you anyway!
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
redding

Post by redding »

Trying to set up an elite server and have done what you have said. However there is no such thing as Elite.script.txt or dedicated_cfgElite.txt

Can you please upload these files?
Slig

Post by Slig »

om23 wrote:ahh, intresting, lets see my logical think ability: collisions ara client side, why the hell do the serverver need this files?
CLIENT SIDE!!!! you said it!
The visual effect on TM² are client side, sure. Btw...
At least for SM and QM the server has to check collisions too, this can't be done on client side only.
Even on TM² it will perhaps be usefull for some cheat detects, some kind of maniascripts, etc.
om23 wrote:and NADEO -> profit
Well... yes, it looks like a necessity, isn't it ? ;)
mstottrop

Post by mstottrop »

Hi xbx,

just found the Error, I forgott to update the two .pak files in the Packs Folder of the dedicated server. With the new dedicated.pak File (about 157Mb instead of the old one with 97MB) it works now without any Problem.
Thanks for the rapid answer.
GJ
Greets,
mstottrop

xbx wrote:
mstottrop wrote:Hello,

my dedicated Server crashs as soon as I start this map: http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/20117/settima

Dedicated Server Version:
2012-07-04_17_35 Svn=45719 GameVersion=3.2.0

Thx for any Help.

mmm I tried myself, but no way to crash it.
What mode is it? time attack?

Anyway, for the people having crashes, can you do as jon said, run the version with debug logs, and send me the logs after a crash?
jonthekiller wrote:Can you try to use this version : http://files.maniaplanet.com/ManiaPlane ... -07-04.zip ?
And if you're on linux, even better if you run

ulimit -c unlimited
before running the server --> if it crashes, it'll generate a "core" file with tons of info for me to investigate.

thanks !
_bb_mort

Post by _bb_mort »

So is this server going to replace the V1 server, or do I only need this if I want SM servers?

Do I need to have an account that I have purchased SM on to be able to setup SM servers? I'm not planning to buy it, but I may still run servers for other people in my clan.

Why would you combine the servers and paks for two completely different games into a single server? As other have mentioned already, the memory requirements to handle just TM2 with the V1 server are pretty bad, so is this new combined servers going to be even worse even if I just want to run TM2 and not SM?

And I thought the V1 servers was still in Beta... and now we have a completely new server already.

Return to “Dedicated Server”