Optimisation for NVIDIA CARD FPS

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Ronnies07

Re: Optimisation for NVIDIA CARD FPS

Post by Ronnies07 »

I have GTX 580s in SLI and I get around 8-25 FPS depending on the map.
Something is seriously broken here.

Edit: Disabled SLI gets me around 66FPS on custom settings, this game does not like multi-GPU setups.
Jeez

Post by Jeez »

I'm using a GTX 690, and no matter the settings (including the tips on the nvidia control panel) I get 25 fps or less.
On my case the .exe file also gets recognised as trackmania 2: Canyon.

I'm stuck. The cpu barely gets above idle activity and the GPU should smoke this game...
pre1udeasm

Post by pre1udeasm »

In jezz's case most likley the cpu is stuck at an idle clock. This can be fixed mulitple way but since the game is in beta, windows probaly isnt responding to the need to increase to cpu clock when in game. I battled and issue like this with 3 way sli gtx580's. The simple way to fix this is to go to your bios and disable c-states. C-states are there for power consumption only. When disaled the cpu will run at full clock all the time, some say this will degrade cpu and shorten the lifespan. I look a this like this, if a cpu lifespan is 20 or so years are u really going to use it 50% that long? Everybody and their mothers upgrade after atleast 6-7 years. You can verify that cpu is at full clock with cpu-z. I still havent understood why nvidia or intel has not fixed this problem, but you can at least check to see if thats the issue and remedy it. Good luck
PoRRas

Post by PoRRas »

Jeez : regarding the GTX 690, the game doesn't seem to support multi GPU (look the post above yours), so you got to use the nvidia panel to force the game to run on a single GPU. Look into CUDA graphic processors or whatever it is called and uncheck one GPU.
AwesomeFart

Post by AwesomeFart »

GTX 465 - i did everything you post --- did not work

TILL
Edit:
shavin wrote:
launch maniaplanet -> configuration -> advenced option > compatibility > CPU/GPU: 1frame (change to 0 frame !!!!)

i edited this TO -
NOT 0 FRAME but OFF COMPLETLY (None)... for me + 30 - 40 fps ON MAX DETAILS ( tryed on battle with 20 ppl - old settings 30 - 40 fps - new settings - 65 - 80 fps ( ON MAX DETAILS )
did not notice any graphic changes or fps drops maybe they will pop out later but still better then 30 fps on some maps with lot of ppl....

so thank you !!!
:1010
Last edited by AwesomeFart on 16 Aug 2012, 04:17, edited 5 times in total.
Flix ツ <<<>>>> DnB League
AwesomeFart

Post by AwesomeFart »

Ronnies07 wrote:I have GTX 580s in SLI and I get around 8-25 FPS depending on the map.
Something is seriously broken here.

Edit: Disabled SLI gets me around 66FPS on custom settings, this game does not like multi-GPU setups.
this has been already discussed here official statement was "we are working on that its in beta" - at least i think so...(not joking)
Flix ツ <<<>>>> DnB League
jigglywiggly

Post by jigglywiggly »

wow i did that trick switchign it to none
went form 80 fps to 300
thanks
no idea why that isn't the default
BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy »

Nvidia Geforce 9800Gt, made it all and FPS is 120-150. Don't know how you guys can't do 200-300 with your brand new video cards...
SiH13

Post by SiH13 »

This is horrible when rendering videoos. The render time is 2-3 times longer and makes my pc unable to do other tasks
om23

Post by om23 »

do u guys know any tricks to get more speed on rendering shadows by using cuda?

br
═╦═╔╦╗LAN-Party »»» :pil :pop: :pil

Return to “Shootmania Reports”