Railgun not accurate!!

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Re: Railgun not accurate!!

Post by Omnixor »

Adam1902 wrote:Hopefully, this is the way it was intended (it can always be changed with mods so not a problem :) ) and not a bug.
you have too high expectations... TM/SM isn't as moddable as other games.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
Adam1902

Post by Adam1902 »

Omnixor wrote:
Adam1902 wrote:Hopefully, this is the way it was intended (it can always be changed with mods so not a problem :) ) and not a bug.
you have too high expectations... TM/SM isn't as moddable as other games.
No weapon modifications? :(
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

well, you can modify (with maniascript) how many bullets rocketlauncher has, and how fast do all weapons reload (not really sure, am I right?), but nothing more...
rissoxx

Post by rissoxx »

They might change it until realese! Its how it is right now but at realese it might be different! They have said that the game should be greatly modify able. So I guess we will be able to modify alot of things!
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

NO. they won't make anything more modifiable. someone, please confirm... (they could just add custom map objects, but nothing more)
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

There is no plan to give the possibility to modify the gameplay of the weapons for the moment (other thing that number of ammuntions, reload rate and the amount of damages i mean)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
rissoxx

Post by rissoxx »

But are you guys looking into the problem with the railgun? I mean that its not accurate? Also are you guys looking at the hitbox, since it sometimes isnt accurate either? Please do it because they really need to be accurate!
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

The way I experience this is that the laser has a small spread. It isn't really recoil but just normal spread.

You can think of spread as accuracy. It is like a cone around the crosshair that grows by distance from shooter. It seem that around 80m the conesize exceds the player hitbox and you can start missing if the spread places the shot in the part of the cone that doesn't cover the hitbox. After 80m the hit % drops rapidly as the hitbox moves further away and the cone grows.

However you can be lucky. A friend made a hit on me of 352m while playing around outside a map waiting for opponents. But that might actually be around maximum possible since around that distance you actually stop seeing rails fired at you.

Rockets have much shorter distance and you can easily see them disappear. Don't remember the precise distance though.

I suspect it is a choice from dev's to balance the game. Problem is that instagib play on huge open areas isn't the same as some other games. Mapmakers for instagib mode need to know and consider this when they make their maps.
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

Supposedly the latest patch gave scripters the option to tell where a player is looking... Maybe you could make a mode that makes the laser do no damage but gives kills and points based on if players are on your sights when you fire?
Slig

Post by Slig »

Cerovan wrote:There is no plan to give the possibility to modify the gameplay of the weapons for the moment (other thing that number of ammuntions, reload rate and the amount of damages i mean)
perhaps also allow to modify the railgun accuracy ? :P

Return to “Shootmania”