Capture the Flag

You can talk about ManiaScript for ManiaPlanet here

Moderator: English Moderator

kalstrams

Re: Capture the Flag

Post by kalstrams »

I'd suggest you to play CTF on Quake Live. It is free, and 2-3 hours would be perfectly enough.
If you do not want to play, you can read http://www.holysh1t.net/quake-live-ctf- ... -tutorial/

Unfortunately, I'm not helping with testing ATM, I have my own business to do in enormous amounts.
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

I'll just see what I'll do. Currently attempting to make e.g. multicapture possible, but I'm also working on other stuff (maniascript gets annoying by itself).
=3
Froyd

Post by Froyd »

kalstrams wrote:Let the mod creator show his respect to the community, thus not naming his mod by the name of an outdoors game, that do not share the gameplay, only some elements of it.
I must remember you that there ARE many different versions of this game, among the outdoors game variations and video game versions. For example, Tribes and TF2 have FUNDAMENTALLY different gameplay (and they both differ from the outdoor game by a lot too) and that does not keep them from being CTF and having the right to be called so.

I don't think alterations to the CTF rules are a bad thing, and that's EXACTLY the spirit of the game. Make a bunch of different versions for each game mode and see whatever works out best, what is the most fun and most competitive of them. My point is just that a CTF like the one we have in the Tribes franchise would work very well in this game too.

Aside from that, just being here in the forum and taking feedback is enough respect for me. And YOU, kalstrams, should respect him even more for doing so. But respect doesn't seem to be your thing, apparently.
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

You do not see the difference of how significant are one changes or another. CTF in Tribes uses classic rule set. As does TF2. With the difference only in flag de-spawn rule. This 'CTF' is almost another gamemode with the same name.

Anyway, I did my feedback on this mod too, but where is your ? You have only suggested to make a modification that is just as the classic one. Please decided what you want, before bursting with shabby arguments.

As for whom I should respect - I'll be the one that will regulate it. Not someone else.
Froyd

Post by Froyd »

You seem to continue to not being able to understand (or write in, for that matter) the English language.
Froyd wrote:My point is just that a CTF like the one we have in the Tribes franchise would work very well in this game too.
And by that I mean that I want to see how this works out, if this modified CTF turns out to work better in terms of strategy and gameplay I would have no problem in playing it instead.

In both Tribes and TF2 no one gets immobilized or sent to jail from being touched by an enemy when they are in his area, nor they are safe from being tagged (or killed, or eliminated, or immobilized) for half of the map. Even the whole concept of a team's territory is vague and not relevant to game play. Or are you suggesting that the outdoor Capture the Flag is actually played with guns and people respawning? I can't see how TGYoshi's CTF is so different from the usual CTF aside from the rule that prevents flag grabs if you don't have yours at your flagstand.

And actually, if we had the tools to do so, it would be very neat to make and test a game mode based on immobilization, rather than elimination. But unfortunately we don't. But I think all those modifications should be very interesting to play, time to get coding.
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

And obviously the endless discussion about the mode's name returns.
=3
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

Froyd wrote:
Froyd wrote:My point is just that a CTF like the one we have in the Tribes franchise would work very well in this game too.
As author points out, we return to that from what I have begun. Also, you will see that there are no significant differences between CTF in Tribes, TF2, Quake and UT, if you look on the game at meta-level. My English is fine, unlike your capability to read my posts as it seems and to blame it on my English.
Froyd

Post by Froyd »

What you saying to me is that that the meta game in Tribes and in TF2 are similar? You must be joking, right?
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

Froyd wrote:What you saying to me is that that the meta game in Tribes and in TF2 are similar? You must be joking, right?
CTF modes essentially are the same, in those games.
In both you have to physically carry them towards your base.
In both they are initially placed on enemy bases.
In both you can fortify the base.
In both you can not capture if your is not on base.

Do I need to continue ?

The only real difference is the de-spawn mechanics of the objective. And the lack of classes in SM.
Froyd

Post by Froyd »

In TF2 you can still capture the flag (or intelligence, as it's called) if yours is not at your base. And this alone makes for a HUGE difference in meta game.

Return to “ManiaScript”