ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-07-25 - beta1.2

Moderator: NADEO

killer606

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-07-25 - beta1.2

Post by killer606 »

_bb_mort wrote:Have donations worked with server account before? Have you sent a donation to that account directly using the in-game mail system?
Yes sure. This was a new server so it worked from the begining on not. You can test it if you want: TM Platform is the name

EDIT: This is the message if you want to donate.

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

MrA wrote:Anyone any idea how to start a dedi with Elite or Heroes in the alternate modes, such as the free mode? I have been looking all over the forums here but I have not found how to do it.
I'm curious about this too. And I don't like seeing it get buried on the previous page. :)

Anyone have an idea how to do this?
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

eyebo wrote:
MrA wrote:Anyone any idea how to start a dedi with Elite or Heroes in the alternate modes, such as the free mode? I have been looking all over the forums here but I have not found how to do it.
I'm curious about this too. And I don't like seeing it get buried on the previous page. :)

Anyone have an idea how to do this?

You can do it with a servercontroller.

The current server controller that has Elite supported is:

MLEPP/Manialive.

when you type in elite server /set script settings mode 0 it will be normal, 1 will be free and 2 will be king of the map.

Hope this helps out.

Heroes isnt supported yet but can be added.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
farfa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by farfa »

You can also use the DedicatedManager Website we created that supports every game modes and can change the script rules as you want.
Also known as: satanasdiabolo
MrA

Post by MrA »

... just toooooooo complicated to setup :( I'm a simple guy :lol:
Enjoying TMOne
killer606

Post by killer606 »

Any new informations about stunts? :thumbsup:
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

Hi.

It's been long since previous release,
So Even though I still didnt manage to do everything I wanted (still missing is the mode settings in the playlist for instance), i thought I'd better release a version for you to test...
http://files.maniaplanet.com/ManiaPlane ... -08-10.zip

changes are:
- fix bandwith control for shootmania protocol. (warning: the bandwith server settings were actually mostly ignored so far, so you may need to tune your configuration)

- GetCurrentRanking() for scripts mode. (you only get a sorted list, with no scoring info but only the rank value to deal with equalities. For more detailed scoring info, this has to be implemented on a mode by mode basis, in the script.)

- RestartMap() when changing mode works

- you can now use /forceip=LAN or <force_ip_address>LAN</ force_ip_address> to force using the lan ip adress for the server. (same as previously existing option <force_use_local_address>True</ force_use_local_address>, but clearer.)

- more improvements (error messages, RemoveMap() now works if file no longer exists, ...)

- light scripts adjustments (largest change: autobalance at match start in siege, and new default maps in siege...)

We didn't test it extensively, but it should work... ^_^
I'll make a separate post when it's a but more tested and we release the clients update.
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Thanks for fixing the method help strings. ;) Just a minor thing: in the help strings for those four methods, the MapType and MapStyle fields were inserted after the Author field, while in the actual methods output they appear after all other fields. The help strings for most/all other methods list fields in the same order as the actual output.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

So is this release on we should just to local custom dev (plugins, etc.) testing on, but not really have on active servers? Would you recommend we wait to upgrade active servers until the more tested release is posted?
kapsubm

Post by kapsubm »

killer606 wrote:Any new informations about stunts? :thumbsup:
i dont think u ll get an answer about stunts from official site.
i think the latest official statements where like "code it urself", and before, "we ll see wit MP 2 -.-"
just lets hope one of the two known stunt-script guys will release their work.

Nadeo seems not to care about stunts much,
one of the small points i dont like about the game is, (beside its a good game)
many people think stunt is a mode which wont be played.
i bet it would by far better run then Platform , (You know how many players are playing that *lol*)
the thing also is, with different ladders, people just settle where they are, they will not switch to other servers,
they just play "only race" because they allready have their 60 k + LP there. - And they dont gain LP´s on for Race on Platform or even "Stunts" servers.
The Whole LP system with the different race modes/LP gain is a bad idea. bundle them together , and the servers will fill up Nadeo.

oh and back to topic:

for Platform:
is the bug also fixed when u juke a map that i comes as "over next" ? - seen this on aseco and fox, i think it has to do with the onEndMap event, which comes far too late.

edit:seems not to be fixed.
also when i get EndMap, theGetCurrentRanking() are set back to 0 allready. ingame: fine , works, endround, endmap: allready empty again, so no real enforcement for plugins -.-. also playercheckpoint does not. and playerfinish also not.

edit2:
Endchallenge does Trigger, but after loading the next map -.- ???
(the endscene comes, then the loading screen starts, and after that endchallenge is triggerd with the scores from round before.
Last edited by kapsubm on 12 Aug 2012, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Join CSeSports Platform Server

[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports@Platform@nadeolive]CS.eSportsPlatform 0-60K With Fox Control[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=csesports2@SMStorm]CS.eSports SM Royal 0-60 k 40 players With Smart Servercontroller[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports1@TMCanyon]CS.eSports Stunts in Canyon with Smart Servercontroller[/url]

Return to “Dedicated Server”