We have been preparing a new update "beta 1.3"
Please be warned that this release is not compatible with previous beta 1.2 for shootmania.
(that is: up-to-date client won't be able to connect to older servers,)
It remains cross-compatible for TrackMania.
The new server is here:
http://files.maniaplanet.com/ManiaPlane ... -09-07.zip
Changes specific to the server are:
(note: most also need a beta1.3 client to work correctly)
- fix planet transactions in SM
- fixed SetForcedMusic() and SetForcedMods()
- fixed ForceSpector(), forcespectatortargett() and ForceTeam()
- Added GetCurrentWinnerTeam(), and added it to the
- bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Netcode improvements (increased packet frequency, bandwith reduction and better bandwith allocation)
- Fixed the "lags when a new player is connecting to the server" issue
- Changes to the ladder system: players no longer need to be present at the start of a match to win
ladder points, but need to be present at the end of the match.
And same goes for the client: For the best experience, verify that the network rates in the launcher dialog match your actual connection rates.
edit: updated the server to 2012-09-07
with changes to elite experimental, and fixed GetCurrentWinnerTeam() and EndMatch() callback to return -1,0,1. (instead of 0,1,2)
edit: client is now available.