Unbinding the ALT key

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Karnal

Re: Unbinding the ALT key

Post by Karnal »

The problem is here since the alpha
We need to unbind score on alt for ingame admin, please Nadeo :)
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Already reported many times and this should be fixed :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Slig

Post by Slig »

Alinoa wrote:Already reported many times and this should be fixed :)
btw... what is the supposed way to click a link when playing SM ? i though that ALT allow that (btw for some reason i can't click a $l or $h link in the chat, at all...)
GBLB

Post by GBLB »

@Slig : the ALT key allows you to click if you maintain the key pushed : you can click like this on links in chat (it's works fine for me with $l & $h links).

But i've got problems to use manialink cause they are hidden by the score table, same if you put the chat in mainpage with C : it goes behind and you can't click anything else than the score table :evil:

Another thing about this ALT function, i reported this in beta forum : since the begining, and still the same in B1, in royal mode for example, when you ALT + right click on a player, you can chosse to watch him but you also join the entire spectator mode (so you can't play the next round). This problem doesn't exist if you choose the player you watch with the numapd key ^^
lilchip

Post by lilchip »

still problem with alt key after the update

how hard can it be to fix, its probably one line of code

I pre ordered the game so I could play the beta but with the alt key problem I cant play at all
p4ulo78

Post by p4ulo78 »

Hi there
Im also suffering from the same issue, just pre ordered it and i wont be playing it untill its fixed :s
As for the question how can we use the ALT key to play its simple:

I use
A = forward
Z = back
left shift = strafe left
left alt = strafe right

This has been my key set since the 90s

Where can i send feedback and ask for a fix ? it seems to be hardcoded to show scores

Cheers
P4ulo
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

ALT is used to get the pointer to manage any admin gui's so having a scoreboard hardcoded to it is quite insane to say the least. I'm not sure but I don't think it was taht way in the first versions I played.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MuNgLo wrote:ALT is used to get the pointer to manage any admin gui's so having a scoreboard hardcoded to it is quite insane to say the least. I'm not sure but I don't think it was taht way in the first versions I played.
Agreed ! Holding ALT to use the mouse is essential for any controller for all players (to donate, use jukebox, etc) But is critical for any server admin. The methods used by the controllers to disable the altscores do not work in B2.1.
There needs to be either a seperate key for mouse cursor and altscores, or a method for controllers to disable the scores when required, (It would also be nice if the crosshair dissappeared when the mouse cursor is used)
TomRiddle

Post by TomRiddle »

Gamemodes are able to do unbind the scoretable.
In HideAndSeek we added a Button down-left if you press alt that toggles the screens visibility.
I think a button like this should be added into every gamemode or hardcoded into the game.
Futher more i'd like to see a key config setting to change the mouse key.
p4ulo

Post by p4ulo »

Any feedback on this?
I just came back to try game again, downloaded the update but i still have the same issue.

Tks
P4ulo

Return to “Shootmania”