Since we are launching the open beta next week, we have to make the update and tests of it before with you. So, we need to make a release candidate first to check if things are working correctly on it.
1. It will be a big update of 1.3 GB
2. There will be not debug tools in it anymore. If you have a major bug, we may have to send you a .exe with debug information in order to help find it.
3. There is a setting in Elite to revert to current gameplay and Elite mode, named Elite B2, for beta 2.
4. We have removed the bouncing rocket at the moment. It should come back at a later stage, with some other
choices that have to be made.
5. It is still a beta, so there are still things to be tested and improved
I will come back during the day to give you some information about the changes, while I do the list on my side.
0. Major CPU optimizations, including the removing of the debug information that accelerate the execution.
1. Gameplay: Instant reload of half an ammo when you hit someone
2. Land or water decorations, and 8 lighting moods instead of 4. Major textures update.
3. In-game UI features, update and libraries. Markers can now be manialinks. Improved score tables.
4. New mode: Realm. The team with the most poles continuously score and needs the confirmed majority to win.
5. Elite mode: defense can now select their weapon. If they select laser, attacker always locates them.
6. Battle mode: Battlewaves renamed Battle. More information on atk/def score. Unique point of engagement.
7. Gameplay consolidation: more precise walljumps, more acceleration and constant jump from wetwood
8. Updated autobalance function that takes into account the result of the last match.
9. Replay file size reduction to more easily enable server side recording
11. Advanced sound balance: decrease the volume first decrease the rocket trails and explosion.
12. Players are suggested to add the server they are leaving to their favorite
13. Bunkers have a starting block without the camera zoom purposingly.
14. Some enhancements in the editor, like being capable to put blocs on top of others over zone frontiers.
15. More trees and the ability to slightly change tree colors
16. Away from keyboard management in script. Now put in spectator, with a resume button displayed
17. A function determine the beginners and enable scripts to help them. Invite your clumsy friends ^_^
18. Rankings of buddies
Two main features to come at the release of the open beta.
19. Elite matchmaking with lobbies.
20. Continental ladders
21. Lan mode
Additional improvements will be seen online, thanks to Nadeo Live systems based on client upgrades.
Hylis wrote:mainly fixes and things that are difficult to see since they are for the open beta (like not needing to enter a key etc.)
- removed the "graphics are running low"
- removed the rocket jump on the head of a buddy to avoid map making to take it into account everywhere
- fixed the AFK bug
- added settings for Elite and tools to balance
- added things useful for the Elite Lobbies, that can be now run (we will do some tests later in the day or in the week)
- added the snapshot deltatime
- fixed some peer to peer issues
- fixed some replay issues
- link the streamer information up to the server browser if we want to display it
and other things for optimization of master servers with the client calls.
I know there are more things, especially like you saw Xymph on the callback, but I don't have the list and others will arrive later.