Differences buying Stadium from Nadeo or on Steam?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Retodon8

Differences buying Stadium from Nadeo or on Steam?

Post by Retodon8 »

First of all, I bought Canyon back when it was released, and added the key to have it available through Steam as well.
Thanks a bunch for allowing us to do that! :)
I'm now interested in buying (pre-ordering) Stadium as well, but have some questions about the differences between Nadeo's own version and the Steam version.

Having the game on Steam has some advantages, but having the game standalone does as well.
If I buy from Nadeo, do I get a key I can enter on Steam like with Canyon?
If instead I buy on Steam, do I get a licence so I can play it in the non-Steam Canyon client?
If either of those is true, that one is probably my best choice, getting the best of both worlds.
The price of both versions is the same, but I think if I buy on Steam, Valve gets a cut, meaning Nadeo doesn't get all of it?
If that is true, Nadeo would probably prefer if I buy straight from them?
Is there something else relevant that I didn't think of?
Thanks for any help! :thumbsup:
Retodon8
Sheep happens!
matsilagi_tmu

Re: Differences buying Stadium from Nadeo or on Steam?

Post by matsilagi_tmu »

The only problem i current faced is that i cannot play environment mix tracks.

And i also cant get my game's serials, meaning that i cant install them separated on STEAM.
A court terme aprГЁs un myocarde corrГ©ler avec des changements de solubilitГ© de var il a Г©tГ© rГ©vГ©lГ© un effet trГЁs intГ©ressant qui a amГ©liorГ© l'Г©rection des hommes.
firstdriver

Post by firstdriver »

Retodon8 wrote:First of all, I bought Canyon back when it was released, and added the key to have it available through Steam as well.
Thanks a bunch for allowing us to do that! :)
I'm now interested in buying (pre-ordering) Stadium as well, but have some questions about the differences between Nadeo's own version and the Steam version.

Having the game on Steam has some advantages, but having the game standalone does as well.
If I buy from Nadeo, do I get a key I can enter on Steam like with Canyon?
If instead I buy on Steam, do I get a licence so I can play it in the non-Steam Canyon client?
If either of those is true, that one is probably my best choice, getting the best of both worlds.
The price of both versions is the same, but I think if I buy on Steam, Valve gets a cut, meaning Nadeo doesn't get all of it?
If that is true, Nadeo would probably prefer if I buy straight from them?
Is there something else relevant that I didn't think of?
Thanks for any help! :thumbsup:
I don't use Steam but I've just bought TM2 Stadium from Nadeo HERE http://uk-maniaplanet.gamesplanet.com/e ... -3694.html and when they sent me the confirmation email they also sent me a game key which you enter on the Profile Page in TM2 Stadium to activate you full game. Apparently, you can also then add that game key into your Steam account to add TM2 Stadium to your Steam profile and collection.
matsilagi_tmu wrote:The only problem i current faced is that i cannot play environment mix tracks.

And i also cant get my game's serials, meaning that i cant install them separated on STEAM.
I'm afraid TM2 doen't support 'mixed environments' at the moment tho might in future. You TM2 Stadium key will have been sent to you in an email after you had bought the game, If you cannot see it then also try your emails 'Junk' and 'Spam' Folders in case it has been misdirected by your email program. As this game has only been out a day or two it should be easy to find. Remember to save and store your 'key' safely as its alot of bother to replace it should you lose it.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
«DD®»ҒirstÐrive२

DDR WEBSITE .. http://www.teamddracing.com/

$i$f10«$ff1ÐÐ$f10®»
hackie

Post by hackie »

Same here with steam, still no key.

I also are 3 days waiting to get a answer on one of my tickets at steam.

So , never steam again for me ! bunch of suckers. ( sorry about that :roflol: )

Goodluck to all :pil
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
coolsnake

Post by coolsnake »

Pretty sure you get better value by buying from Nadeo directly because you can use the key to activate it on steam aswell.

Don't know if the reverse is true. It all depends if you get a key when you buy it on steam.

The client has to restart if you switch from a non-steam environment to a steam environment so it's best to either have all your games on steam or on maniaplanet directly.
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

There was a "bug" on the Steam side about displaying the cd-keys in your Steam library. It'll be fixed asap :) (in that you'll be able to know your cd key for using the ManiaPlanet services)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
LazySlacker

Post by LazySlacker »

Cerovan wrote:There was a "bug" on the Steam side about displaying the cd-keys in your Steam library. It'll be fixed asap :) (in that you'll be able to know your cd key for using the ManiaPlanet services)
That's why I can't find my key? :s
Bought the game yesterday via Steam and I didn't get any key or an email with a key. Only got the Purchase Confirmation Email you get for every Steam Purchase you do.
Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 »

Thanks for the replies, everybody! :)
I just bought Stadium straight from Nadeo and got an e-mail with product key within seconds, just like with Canyon.
I didn't have any non-Steam TM games installed, just the Stadium Beta on Steam.
I added the product key to Steam, and that added the game to my Steam library as you guys said, so that made me happy once again.
(It seems to have replaced the Beta version, because suddenly that was no longer in my Steam library.)
I'm happy playing on Steam now, but it's good to know I'll be able to play the non-Steam versions of the games/environments as well when I want to.
coolsnake wrote:The client has to restart if you switch from a non-steam environment to a steam environment so it's best to either have all your games on steam or on maniaplanet directly.
I saw that happen in a GiantBomb video.
I guess that was what probably happened, that they were doing something "wrong".

Thanks again for the info!
Retodon8
Sheep happens!
wraith36

Post by wraith36 »

I have bought three copies of TM2 stadium on steam and don't have one single activation key for any off them?

How am i meant to buy skins or anything when i cant verify any off them?
I bought them yesterday which is later date than Cerovan's post.

Is it fixed or is it not?

No emails other than the confirmation from steam for the purchase of the three copies bought.
Should have that working before people part with there cash :(
andre300

Post by andre300 »

i bought stadium from steam and didnt get a cd key either, i sent a support msg about getting the key and got this response "Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
No CD key is included with Steam purchases of this game.
All purchases made through Steam are registered to your Steam Account. You will not be required to install with an installation disc(s) or enter a CD Key at any point in time while using this game when purchased directly through Steam.

Games activated through Steam are registered to the Steam account, not the computer on which the game is installed.
As long as you have access to the account on which the game is registered, the game will be available for you to download, install, and play in your Library list regardless of the computer you are logged in on.

If you have any further questions, please let us know."

also sent one to ubisoft who just told me to go back to place of purchase..

would really like a cd key.
Maniaplanet account Grande

Return to “Trackmania 2”