Beta 3 RC1

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Ozon

Re: Beta 3 RC1

Post by Ozon »

Hawk, the dreams of sm rpg come true :)
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
Forgot10

Post by Forgot10 »

Bots would come in handy. If they have aimbot, that would provide a perfect training playground for defence in Elite. ^^
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

Forgot10 wrote:Bots would come in handy. If they have aimbot, that would provide a perfect training playground for defence in Elite. ^^
aimbot are you crazy than that scenario is impossible :lol:

the aim need to not be to perfect hehe, maybe what you mean (setup difficult level of the bots ^^.
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Actually all games should be possible to see later if the replay contain same info as in a live match and that would be legen,,,, wait for it dary :yes:

or ofc if all replay was saved its possible to keep score by my self" in replay mode but alot work

all info should be in the replay and turnament should make it possible to download a replay after the match and watch it in a spec arena or something

switch player 123 and 4 (4 is attacker)
even in canyon you should see the speed and timer that would be nice :thumbsup:
in replay and also in spec mode..
Imagine this, no more missed games unless its a system
You could take 100 planets per download for a complete match replay ^^
I would buy all ipl matches for sure ^^ I love Elite match as a viewer :) and i would love it even more if i can select who i want to spec. only thing i will miss is the comentators if there is any :( but hey we cant have it all or can we :mrgreen:
Edit: Actually a new block set with the blocks from box 2 (2-x-x) and make them to air blocks.
That sound very easy to me to just change variation to air blocks and copy to a new box ^^ ;)
viperozza

Post by viperozza »

What about make the spwn box disappear after 3or4 seconds? Im really pissed off of players camping inside.. In elite is one of the lamest thing ever.
Loone

Post by Loone »

viperozza wrote:What about make the spwn box disappear after 3or4 seconds? Im really pissed off of players camping inside.. In elite is one of the lamest thing ever.
i'd go with an offzone appearing on the entrance of spawnfield after 10-15s and i agree some maps are really a shame because people just camp inside the spawn calling it "tactic"
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

viperozza wrote:What about make the spwn box disappear after 3or4 seconds? Im really pissed off of players camping inside.. In elite is one of the lamest thing ever.
good idea :) for real.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

i just hope that this won't happen, if camping in the spawn is op then blame the map maker.. there are maps on which you need the spawn blocks, just think about Paladin..
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

No need for this. The reason this is even possible, or a good thing to do, is because of poor map design. You want to see a map that has so many flaws you can't count them? Look at Daybreak. It's the perfect example of how NOT to design a map for Elite (coincidentally, it's a map where most teams play 1 player in defender spawn)

I know many people like Daybreak, but in terms of design for Elite, it's a disaster. And the fact people like defensive set up maps where you have a static defence camping in and around the pole with no rotations or mapcontrol is beyond me :(
    knxv1lle wrote:also: right now is the ipl shootmania launch tournament with so many crazy games and really great tactics, but it's impossible to provide replays of every round, because the game lacks a functionality like hltv-demos (every player, every angle, you can do whatever you want). this makes it really difficult to analyse the pros gameplay and try to learn / adapt
    How exactly is it impossible to provide replays of every round? You do know that every replay saved on an individual basis contains the information from every player, right? Every player, every angle, do whatever you want in terms of cameras etc. Either you're explaining yourself poorly or you haven't taken a look at the replay editor at all :)
    knxv1lle wrote:question: can you set a delay for spectators in the server settings? right now it's a bit stupid that every spectator can see exactly whats going on and makes it easy to ghost.
    This is kind of unnecessary if you ask me. IF people want to ghost (cheat) to win public games, they'll find ways to do so. For instance, instead of having someone in specc they'll have the other guy join the other team and voila, let the ghosting commence. People will find ways if they want to.

Besides, the way servers are already using a ton of CPU (at random) just to run, I don't think adding more stuff for servers to handle is a good idea. Atleast not untill they're optimized (hoping release update will sort out some of this. Ever since B3 they've gone haywire in terms of resources at times)
    luftisbollentm2
    Translator
    Translator

Loone wrote:
    i'd go with an offzone appearing on the entrance of spawnfield after 10-15s and i agree some maps are really a shame because people just camp inside the spawn calling it "tactic"
    seriously guys....
    elite is all about smart play and good team play with tactics, planning and ofc some
    camping is also present,find good spots is a and o, and to wait at the right moment to
    finish the attacker off or you can Stay behind fence all day ^^ and hide and try to kill
    the attacker with some other idea and spawn rockets to steer the attacker where you
    want him to be, sounds impossible to me but the best do it and its alot of practice to
    be good at aim the lazer for me it tok 3 hours to start learn the lazer but still i am a
    beginner even it feelt very good that time, but i am back in square one again but it only
    tok 1 hour this time,to start hitting with lazer ^^ so don´t complain about camper just try
    to find a new way to get them, a camper should be easy to kill if he stay at the same spot
    (don´t you think ?) and with those slow rockets it would be no problem if you are good
    in aiming to get the camper.

Anyway the 3 defender allways camping, thats how i see it ? and the attacker also do
    that sometimes and thats the idea behind elite, isn´t it ?

Return to “Shootmania”