Questions and answers

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

nocturne

Re: Questions and answers

Post by nocturne »

Ah, didn't notice that at all.. Yes, figured without any other information given, it'd just be handled on Nadeo's end with no further configuration needed once the price was paid. Attempted many searchs, as well as going over ever post in this subforum and the dedicated server threads and found no immediate mention -- though we all know phpbb's search function is next to useless (keep forgetting to use google site search instead).

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:
masleyko
Translator
Translator

Post by masleyko »

I have two questions... can ppl earn more than 60k in beta ?
and second is that i wanna create 30-80 server.. i payed for 0-80 and set lower limit in dedicfg right ?
and someone should really take care of checking if servers keep rules.. there is timeattack serverr at 0-90
>SAW<爪火ふまミץどσ ¡ ツ
psychodad

Post by psychodad »

I agree, the rules are very specific on the rule page. Yet there are servers at 70k and up, with well over 50 players allowed (saw one last night that had 200 players allowed). All are violations of the rules, yet they are all still up and running again today. Why have rules if you are going to allow them to be broken?
nocturne

Post by nocturne »

Look up.. :yes:

No more config options -- just select the appropriate title (TMCanyon, TMStadium) at the top of the ladder page, register your server, confirm payment, and restart your server. The ranking is handled on Nadeo's end (never understood why it wasn't in TMF, ftm).

Really could mention this a bit more clearly on the top post, as searching for 'ladder server ranking' is impossible with the forum's built in search tool (fault of phpbb3, which can be fixed rather easily).

As for ladder rule violations.. there are no ladder rules yet -- so no violations. Read the discussion above.. seems they're still trying to figure out an even more complicated and difficult implementation for TMStadium.
psychodad

Post by psychodad »

ahh, I see...was evidently the "Canyon" server rules...will re-up my 80k server to whatever I want now then.
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

psychodad wrote:I agree, the rules are very specific on the rule page. Yet there are servers at 70k and up, with well over 50 players allowed (saw one last night that had 200 players allowed). All are violations of the rules, yet they are all still up and running again today. Why have rules if you are going to allow them to be broken?
We Ladder Moderators are really busy with our other positions here in the forums as well so it's kinda hard to keep up with every new ladder server there is. If you come across some rule violations, please report them in this forum.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

why there are restrictions to servers? the ladder system is total bullshit like in tmf :teub:
it feels always like players with 60k ladderpoints are pro, player with 80k ladderpoints are noobs and 80k+ are noskill.

So remove things like:
players max
Rounds mode
Tracks length >= X
and roc complete

or remove ladder system complete. Laddersystem of TMN eswc was better than this.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Actually there were and there are still boost servers on TMN ESWC.
If there were no restriction on servers and no rules, there wouldn't be a ladder. Great pilots are in the top of the TM² Canyon ladder and for sure they are no noob ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Just because people at the top of the ladder don't drive competitively, they aren't automatically noobs. It's true that a lot of the more professional players don't really care about the ladder, but that's because they are training on private servers/public train servers (0-50k LP) rather than the ladder servers
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
GLUK

Post by GLUK »

NADEO please make decrease LP at the end of the race, as in Sunrise :cry:
Скажи мне, кто твой друг и оба идите нахуй

Return to “Ladder Servers”