[TM2] Crashes - STEAM version now hangs in off-line mode

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

EntropicLqd

[TM2] Crashes - STEAM version now hangs in off-line mode

Post by EntropicLqd »

After the last update I have discovered that when STEAM is placed into off-line mode TM-Canyon, or indeed the "Settings" program will not launch.

How to reproduce:
Place STEAM into off-line mode.
Attempt to start TM-Canyon
TMarc

Re: [TM2] Crashes - STEAM version now hangs in off-line mode

Post by TMarc »

Did you update the game with the most recent update of yesterday? Of course you need Steam in Online mode at least once ;)
EntropicLqd

Post by EntropicLqd »

I wasn't aware there had been an update (since Nadeo aren't publishing change notes to the STEAM page).

However, after verifying the integrity of the game cache, ensuring that the game runs OK when STEAM is in on-line mode I've just retested it.

Place STEAM into off-line mode, start TM-Canyon (either the game or the settings menu) and the TM Launcher process just hangs. Looking at process explorer I can see both STEAM and the TM Launcher using a few % CPU periodically; but they appear to be stuck in an eternal loop.

Re-starting STEAM in on-line mode means I can play the game just fine; so I presume that the game is completely up to date.
EntropicLqd

Post by EntropicLqd »

Since STEAM just pulled down updates to both Canyon and Stadium I thought I'd retry STEAM in off-line mode to see if it was still broken.

And, after a long wait, it seems like the issue is finally resolved. Which is brilliant. I'll have to try it on the train again in a few days time.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

hehe, good, even if it took some time. :thumbsup:
Yeah, please report if it is working fine or if you have more isses, and have fun :pil

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”