Trilaser - Needs some serious work

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

sadzealot

Trilaser - Needs some serious work

Post by sadzealot »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjwj-Yye ... e=youtu.be

(Or you could just change it to a pixelperfect laser like all other games have, but you've already made up your mind so that's not gonna happen)
TMarc

Re: Trilaser - Needs some serious work

Post by TMarc »

thats unbelievable... random hits with perfect target :shock: :?
Or the laser is more real than it looks: you're just constantly shooting through the hole the laser has just created before :lol:

As side note, this is the kind of unnecessary mentions like those Hylis doesn't like at all, and you confirm him in his doing ;)
sadzealot wrote:(but you've already made up your mind so that's not gonna happen)
Shall I move this to the SM reports?
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Not the first time we found so mutch problem on this hitbox but nothing change ... trilaser was good idea apparently ... :yes:
Pile0g00

Post by Pile0g00 »

:clap: The inconsistency of the laser aiming in this game is beyond frustrating... It is infuriating. The video is exactly what I constantly experience and usually what causes me to quit and go play a game that works.
TaNos

Post by TaNos »

I don't even understand the logic of the trilaser... Its a laser so why isnt just a dot ?
Greg2fram

Post by Greg2fram »

When your rail was missing, the three dots weren't on green player so the trilaser is working. :teub:

C'mon ppl stop blaming Nadeo because you are missing shots, please continue to blame ping/mouse/luck... like allways in E-sport. Grow up and report real bugs instead of whinning because you discovered you sometimes miss even with your HUDGE skills.
TaNos wrote:I don't even understand the logic of the trilaser... Its a laser so why isnt just a dot ?
Nadeo designed it because it's to easy to kill all defenders with a dot at long range. To balance the game, you have to aim a bit better and I guess that's too much for most of players, who usually play with easy rails like in Quake.:mrgreen:
GabrielM

Post by GabrielM »

TaNos wrote:I don't even understand the logic of the trilaser... Its a laser so why isnt just a dot ?
It's not a laser, it's a tri-laser, that's why 3 dots :D .
Greg2fram wrote:Nadeo designed it because it's to easy to kill all defenders with a dot at long range. To balance the game, you have to aim a bit better and I guess that's too much for most of players, who usually play with easy rails like in Quake.
It indeed forces attacker to get closer and not stand waiting to shoot a pixel, and another, and another pixel and bam, elite round's over... Makes long ranges shot even more impressive and earned, because they are not random.
3 dots on your target, click and frag. Better than 2 dots on your target, click and make a thread to complain about your missing shot ;) .

On on the "non-hitting part of your video we clearly can see that you never had 3 dots on the same player, there's always 1 or 2 dots on the first player, and even if the 3 dots are all on the second player, there's the first player in the way, counting as a "wall". Absolutely logical that they are no hit, tril-laser rule. The tri-laser is a very complex and advanced technology, that still get confused when it has to chose between two targets..
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

GabrielM wrote: On on the "non-hitting part of your video we clearly can see that you never had 3 dots on the same player, there's always 1 or 2 dots on the first player, and even if the 3 dots are all on the second player, there's the first player in the way, counting as a "wall". Absolutely logical that they are no hit, tril-laser rule. The tri-laser is a very complex and advanced technology, that still get confused when it has to chose between two targets..
Greg2fram wrote:When your rail was missing, the three dots weren't on green player so the trilaser is working. :teub:
[Edited by Cerovan: Have a good holidays for a week] The entire point of the video was to see what would happen if 1 of the dots that WAS NOT on a player was in fact on another player (since the function of the trilaser is to hit where the 1 dot that is off target actaully is). Would it then hit the player which we had 1 dot on?

Well, in this case we end up seeing a laser going STRAIGHT THROUGH ANOTHER PLAYER and not get a hit.

You can sit there and tell us over and over again how "this is perfectly normal because this is how the tri-laser is coded and there is nothing wrong with the game"

No, there's probably nothing wrong with the game looking like a joke and more and more people are already leaving it a few months after release (which has nothing to do with this exact example, but more or less the direction Nadeo has said out loud they want to take the game in)
The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

Sorry Gab but unfortunately the explanation of the trilaser doesn't work really good here... At 0:16 in the video, you can see this just before the shot:

It then hits even if only 2 dots are on the purple guy while the last one is on the green guy. So, sadzealot still don't understand staying polite is more efficient but the video still shows some unexpected outcomes of the trilaser.
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
GabrielM

Post by GabrielM »

The_Big_Boo wrote:It then hits even if only 2 dots are on the purple guy while the last one is on the green guy. So, sadzealot still don't understand staying polite is more efficient but the video still shows some unexpected outcomes of the trilaser.
This is actually due to the hit box + the position of the player. The hitbox is single-sized whatever the skin you chose, so everybody's equal and there's no whining about hitboxes.
The 3 dots are on the first player's hitbox = hit.
sadzealot wrote:You can sit there and tell us over and over again how "this is perfectly normal because this is how the tri-laser is coded and there is nothing wrong with the game"
I don't know why you're writting about something you say you don't want any explanation.

Return to “Shootmania”