Question for Kremsy or anyone interested in a project :)

MPAseco is a server controller for Shootmania, which provides you with a framework and some standard plugins.

Moderator: NADEO

Kegulf

Question for Kremsy or anyone interested in a project :)

Post by Kegulf »

Hi all :)

So, there is something I would love to see in ShootMania, especially for Obstacle, and that is a modified version of The Records_Eyepiece plugin developed by undef.de for Xaseco2.

What I was wondering were: is there anyone to have the time to have a look at it?
Removing stuff not need in multiplayer on SM but keeping most record related stuff for Obstacle/TimeAttack modes.
Or maybe adding a "<title>" or "<script>?
I know that it will be quite a bit of work, but no offense to Fufi widgets, but Records_eyepiece crushes fufi widgets :p

I'm not that educated when it comes to writing php, or any kind of programming really, that is why I hope someone can help me out a little bit here :)

Best Regards
WnL»Kegulf
TeamFounder of WnL

Anything code related? Be patient, I am a noob :p

My Nadeo games:
TrackMania Nations ESWC
TrackMania Nations + United Forever
TrackMania 2 Canyon
ShootMania Storm
Trackmania 2 Stadium
Kegulf

Re: Question for Kremsy or anyone interested in a project :)

Post by Kegulf »

kremsy wrote:I already started to make that, but I think it is not time worth for Shootmania and it is almost a Impossible Project, you know that Plugin has 16000 lines ;). I also think there would be way too much hud for SM, at the moment it is already too much.
It's actually 17000 lines :p I would not have it in multiplayer modes, because you need to be able to see as much as possible there, and most of the widgets would be a distraction, but for solo modes, like Obstacle, it would be fantastic :p What would the differences be? I had a look and the word "Aseco" is repeated in both RE and in the base of MPAseco. My initial thought was that it had to be edited from Xaseco2 to MPaseco, but since both are Aseco, I'm lost xD but as said, I'm a true noob when it comes to programming :P

kremsy wrote:What I want much more is a completely new and easy configurable Design for Shootmania, a Combination of Fufi and Records, but completely new developed. I'm a design noob and have not so much time at the moment.
Would it maybe be possible to take the fufi, and add better design to it? I just like the way that undef.des plugins look, It's a much more finished style than just the dark grey panels that is in Fufi atm. And also the interacting with the widgets.
kremsy wrote:If you only want to add some buttons like add to favorite and stuff, thats possible, I have that in our Shootmania Servers already.
Could you post a manialink to one of the servers? :P
just the usual "#join=login@title"
WnL»Kegulf
TeamFounder of WnL

My Nadeo games:
TrackMania Nations ESWC
TrackMania 2 Canyon
ShootMania Storm
Trackmania 2 Stadium
Kegulf

Post by Kegulf »

I saw it, it looks nice :)
Would it be possible to take the widgets design from Records Eyepiece and add it to Fufi widgets? Or would that be stealing? :p
WnL»Kegulf
TeamFounder of WnL

My Nadeo games:
TrackMania Nations ESWC
TrackMania 2 Canyon
ShootMania Storm
Trackmania 2 Stadium
Kegulf

Post by Kegulf »

Would it be hard to fix records and stuff? from the point that you are at i mean :p
and also is there at lot left to do? :P
WnL»Kegulf
TeamFounder of WnL

My Nadeo games:
TrackMania Nations ESWC
TrackMania 2 Canyon
ShootMania Storm
Trackmania 2 Stadium
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

A little bit late for a comment, but i plan to make a "Records-Eyepiece" port for Shootmania. BUT that could take a bit, because i don't want to start with it before the "big update" from Nadeo is out AND i have to learn more about each Gamemode. The only Gamemode i "know" is Battle... so it could take time to review all others. :lol:

Also i'm currently updating the XAseco2 port with new features/changes and i'm not ready with it...

And i'm looking for a new name for "Records-Eyepiece": http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=31057
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.

Return to “MPAseco”