Lerya : the race graphic viewer for TrackMania

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

Phenom

Lerya : the race graphic viewer for TrackMania

Post by Phenom »

IMPORTANT
Find lastest version of the software and more on the Lerya website :
http://www.lerya.org

Hello everyone!

After several weeks of development and testing , I'm glad to show you the lastest software I've done for the community of TrackMania, called Lerya

Lerya ? What is it?
It is a software to view these performances on a TimeAttack track. It displays standard information such as personal personnal record, world record, average time, average time per each checkpoint etc.
But above all it allows to graphically view the portions of the circuit on which the player can gain some valuable milliseconds.
In bottles , it offers the possibility to compare the running time with a player registered in the database of the application, or even one of the top 10 players Dedimania ( thank Slig for his help ) .

Ok , on paper it's not bad , but its look like?
Just ask :

Who is lerya address ?
Lerya is primarily intended for teams wishing to improve their training. However, a freelance player can also use this software.

What does it take to run lerya ?
- A server TrackMania ² with XMLRPC port open ( Lerya need to be connected on the same server as the player to work properly)
- A Windows operating system ( XP or higher ) with Net FrameWork 4.0
- A Lerya account (which can be set via software )

How does It work
Once the software is installed, run it. The module update checks for a new version and offers the user to install if desired.
A window appears and you can then create an account or use an existing account lerya . Once the account is created, you will receive an email with the information recorded .

If you want to view data for a player without connecting to a server, click on " Show Data " in the top menu. Then select the desired circuit and the player
If you want to add your time lerya connect to a server via the " Server / Connection " menu. Then specify the IP address of TrackMania server ( or domain name) , the XMLRPC port and the Admin password on the server.
Once connect , just to make races on the TrackMania server. Lerya automatically retrieves your data and updates the graphics and data. It automatically saves the information in a database online.
When lerya is connected to a server, you can load a reference time. This reference time is a race created by another player (one recorded in lerya or player in the top 10 player Dedimania on the current circuit). Once the reference time loaded, when making a run in the game, a panel ( like a Xaseco panel ) will appear, allowing you to view the time difference between the reference player and current player you each Checkpoint . Ideal for rapid progress by putting increasing goals.

What are the features of lerya ?
- Information display circuit current
- Text information display standard player ( record average number of completed stroke , etc. )
- Graph of the time difference between the record player and his 10 best achievements Display.
- Graph of the statistics ( normal distribution, Gaussian curve) distribution players ( average running time on the circuit , record person record on the circuit, anti- record player and record anti- global view on the circuit)
- Display the player's speed ( when making its record and its average speed is about the race)
- Graph of the time difference between the time of reference and time races Player Display
- Text Showing all races made ​​by the player

And when I find the software?
The software is available here: http:///www.lerya.org/
It requires Net FrameWork 4.0 available here: http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download ... x?id=17851
Currently ( April 2014 ) , the 4.8 version is available.

If there are updates , do I completely reinstall the software?
Lerya includes a module for automatic updates . No need to reinstall the software, it manages itself, except for Major release (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc);

All records are stored in the same database. Can I have a database dedicated to my team only ?
Lerya not currently support this feature. However, this feature is in the list of elements to implement.

I have an error with the software. Who do I send a message ?
You can contact me in case of application error , I will take care of the problem and updated quickly.

I have an error with the software. Who do I send a message ?

I have a database XAseco data. Can I retrieve the records of the database and inject into the base lerya ?
For now, it is impossible to perform this operation. I said " yet "

Can you give us a short presentation and demonstration for our team ?
No worries. Leave me a PM and we will set a date for the presentation of lerya

What will be the future functionality lerya
The list is not stopped , but here are some ideas :
- Adding a favorites list for connections to different servers TrackMania
- Adding a voice copilot to motivate players ( : roflol : )
- Inter- compatibility with XAseco
- Adding a Line UP function to quickly organize your line up during competitions based on your criteria ( performance, consistency , etc. ) .

Where can I test the software ?
You can test this by connecting to the next server :
IP: 148.251.53.167
Port: 35281
Password: Cmr4PBTiH1

The server is in France / Brittany / Finistere / lerya
[url]maniaplanet://#join=aria_server@TMStadium[/url]

If you have any questions / comments / cheeseburgers , do not hesitate to contact me via PM

See you on the track!

XF Phenom
Last edited by Phenom on 12 Aug 2014, 00:34, edited 4 times in total.
tcq

Re: Lerya : the race graphic viewer for TrackMania

Post by tcq »

Just reading this, I think you just did one of the greatest community developed tools for the competitive TM scene since Dedimania. :thumbsup:
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

tcq wrote:Just reading this, I think you just did one of the greatest community developed tools for the competitive TM scene since Dedimania. :thumbsup:
Thanks ! It's always a pleasure to have this kind of comment. Have a try if you want, it's free :D. You've got a server to test it

I'm doing some stress test to see if I can increase performance of the sofware
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

A new update will be soon available to correct some database and traduction issues.

However, the application currently still working
riolu

Post by riolu »

Totally agree with tcq, this tool really needs to get a lot of attention. Great work you did there <3
But hey, is there any way to run the tool locally, without being somewhere on a server? Would be nice to get that tool work if you are in solo mode as well :)
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

You can use the software in 2 mods :

- Offline mod : means Lerya doesn't need to be connected to a server. You can only get visual information.
- Online mod : Lerya is connected to a server and you play on it. Lerya will save your data into the database and you can get a reference time to see ingame time difference between you and the guide you've chosen before.

However, it doesn't work (yet ?) on local. You can create a listen server or a private local dedicated server to use with Lerya.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

After some test, Lerya can successfully be connected to a TrackMania when the player is playing in solo. However, it seems that Nadeo doesn't send any callbacks to Lerya. They might have blocked it for personal reason.

Sorry Riolu, you won't be able to use it to improve your amazing Nadeo record :mrgreen:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Riolu coudl still create his own local server ;)
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Yes you're right ! Lerya has been first designed for this kind of servers.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

A new version is available :
- Fixed some mistakes during translation
- Add a new kind of update : Obligatory ; which can't be skipped
- Fixed issues when loading player name when it contains multiple dollars signg ($$)
- Add hidden functionalities for version 5
- Change database location for a lower latency during request (should fixed the "XMLRPC response is not valid" error)

Return to “Workbench”