Maniaplanet 3.1 (RC5) changelog

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

godo

Re: Maniaplanet 3.1 (RC3) changelog

Post by godo »

plopp wrote:
Hylis wrote:* There is 45 seconds to capture all the checkpoint's gates. A bonus of 10 seconds is awarded when capturing a gate.
This will encourage defenders to camp around pole and attackers to rush. This might be what a real siege is like, but for gameplay it doesn't work that well :) Defenders can't take aggressive positions anymore. Checkpoints would maybe work but only captureable after a set time (like before)

Btw, thanks for reading my wishlist and the changes you made from it :)
+1
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.87 Ghz
RAM: 2gb DDR2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450
Motherboard: Cuba MS-7301
Sound: onboard: Realtek
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Really a long changelog which shows a lot of work in such a short amount of time!
Hylis wrote:Fixed: Lack of players information when many players online
Merci! :thumbsup:

Thx for this update!

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

The MP3 Siege still exist, with many updates: gates that can not be crossed, goal/pole tag that can be hidden, number of players that are displayed, only a sound on attacker elimination, more powerful walljump et all other benefit brought from the update, including the fact that the mode joins Elite as a demo title.

New setting S_WeaponMode. It can take one of these values : 0 -> Rocket versus Laser, 1 -> select your weapon before the turn, 2 -> switch weapon during the turn. Default value is 2.

And there is this setting to play with the MP3 mode.
S_UseOldCaptureMode = 1 to have the previous mode.

Meanwhile, I am looking to have feedbacks on the multi-door capture (put them apart to test a defense that can take more risk and to avoid rush) in a way to find way to improve this test. A test is something crucial in research of better things. Even when we release something like platform, we changed 5 times the formula, and we even know that it's still going to change.
plopp

Post by plopp »

Hylis wrote:Meanwhile, I am looking to have feedbacks on the multi-door capture (put them apart to test a defense that can take more risk and to avoid rush) in a way to find way to improve this test.
Is it possible to place a lone checkpoint that doesn't have to be close to a gate but still connected to one? If it's possible this system might work. If you only have the gate as a checkpoint it's harder to place it without looking out of place or having to make doorways by every gate.

I like the direction you're going with this, but it obviously needs some tweaking since it was just implemented :)
sw3yax

Post by sw3yax »

swinn wrote:Merci d'avoir encore changé le siège, nous faire ça du jour au lendemain c'est vraiment super, grâce à ça il nous reste plus que 4 maps "jouables", et encore elles sont pas adaptées ! Génial d'avoir autant de temps pour refaire les maps !
Super boulot :thumbsup:
How retarded are you? ( sry for the word )
Do you read changelog/announcements?
meh.. If you want to play your Siege unupdated, stay at your boring LaserVRocket omg..

Anyways, it seems a good good update Thanks ! :thumbsup:
Try to Believe.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I think it's useless to be too though. I can understand that it's disturbing, but we made some previous unreleased changes that were challenged before test. These ones requires new maps to make better tests and are there to try to find a better option than single gate/too close of the wall fight current situation. I would really like to see test on 2 or 3 gates steps, separated from each others, in order to have the feelings out of it. Meanwhile, for the ones that would like to avoid test and try to find better solutions, the old MP3 mode is available, even if there are doubt about it's future because some made comments that it was not good enough.
toffe

Post by toffe »

Hylis wrote: Embedded items
You can now add custom items embeded in the map (experimental tools) if using the title material and with a limit of 150k in total on the map (50K was really too small)
Nice!! But it's not working for me (or I am doing something wrong).
When I want to save my map with the experimental embeded on I get the following warning:

Thanks,
Toffe
plopp

Post by plopp »

Hylis wrote:Meanwhile, for the ones that would like to avoid test and try to find better solutions, the old MP3 mode is available, even if there are doubt about it's future because some made comments that it was not good enough.
I don't know what kind off comments these are, but the gamemode had to be tweaked in some parts and not in others. That's at least what I think. It was not bad all together.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I am really looking forward feedback that can express some interesting feeling on the mode: what feels frustrating or positive. I think that it requires dedicated maps to really test the full capacity of the options, and probably adjust many parameters (time before first cap and time of cap as main examples)

In my opinion, I feel that the multigate provides more abilities for team play, 2 occasions of countdown stress instead of only one and more tactical options (split, all at a gate etc.) I keep really aware that fighting on the gate is something to avoid in order to let the game be really different depending of the map. The faster is the gate capture, the less the fight will be at the gate, but there is a need to compensate by something else (more ammo in defense, but slower reload?) etc.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Maniaplanet 3.1 (RC4) changelog

Post by Hylis »

some quick fixes added

### Modes

#### Siege
* New setting S_AtkNbIncreaseCaptureSpeed. Select if the number of attackers on the gate increase the capture speed. It's now turned off by default.
* Fix : If a spectator was on the server at the beginning of the turn he could later join the ongoing round with 1 armor point. It's not the case anymore.
* Fix : Weapon was saved only at the end of the round and loaded after each respawn. Now weapon is saved as soon as the player change it.

#### Battle
* Fix : When spectating a player the "Attack/Defend" message at the top of the screen was relative to the spectator clan and not the spectated player clan. [see](http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 97#p221397)

Return to “Maniaplanet”