Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

TheM

Re: Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

Post by TheM »

Clem wrote:Karma Plugin :
- I see that we can choose 5 votes (--, -, -+, +, ++), but voting + or ++ has the same "weight" on the map notation, I though a map with 2 votes, - and ++, would have a 75% karma, but for now it has a 50% karma. Is this normal, is it a bug ? If it's normal, I think an option to choose that kind of ranking would be nice !
- When MX-Karma isn't activated, "MXKarma : no information" is still writen behind the map karma, maybe it would be an idea to hide this text when we don't want to use MXKarma ?
I think you're talking about the KarmaWidget of the InfoWidgets. At the moment I don't have much time to change them. I've been thinking about including that option, but never got to it to make it.
For now it'll have to do, or you'll have to use the built in Karma widget of the KarmaPlugin.
Clem wrote:Records Plugin :
- I saw that Hark just told it today, but I didn't understand your answer : when we use RecordsWidget, if we restart ManiaControl, the plugin can't start, it says that "Local Records Plugin" has to be launched... Isn't there any way to start the "basic" plugins before, and then the downloaded plugins ? so that the downloaded plugins that needs some basic plugins can start without bug ? You said that the RecordsWidget authors should modify it, do you know who it is ? and how to ask it to him/them ?
You can ask TheM about it... ^^
I'd have to find out how to fix that quickly, maybe steeffeen could quickly tell me which callback I have to use...? :D
Clem wrote:TeamScript Plugin :
- This plugin is a wonderfull idea, but I just have a little request about this one : I think that having the TS button in the "blue guy" menu (don't know how to call it xD) is nice, but that people won't find it and won't know it even exists xD would it be possible to have an option that allows us to put a button on the interface, like Donations button, so that people can find it easier ?
I'd have to find out how to do that, but again: not much time at the moment (going on holiday tomorrow :|).
Clem wrote:Info Widget :
- On this one, the NextMap widget doesn't work, it don't show anywhere ^^ For now, I'm using the NextMap of "Widget Plugin", but it's not the same look, and it won't show before the end of the map.
Hmm, that's interesting... I suppose you running ManiaControl on ShootMania (Obstacle ?)?
Have you checked if the NextMap Widget is enabled in the plugin settings?
Clem wrote:Well, I think that's all I got for now, I hope those feedbacks will help you to improve ManiaControl :D
Thanks for sending them in, it really helps to improve ManiaControl! :)

P.S. What is your serverlogin? I see some errors which might be related to your problems here ...
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

@Clem: thanks for the detailed report
please also check your PMs as i sent you one yesterday ^^

we will look into the stuff but most of the things are from other plugin authors, lets hope they look here :D
regarding the Karma votes, the SSM guys experienced this behavior on their servers as well but that's not the correct way the votes should be counted
on our servers it's fine so that ++ and - would end up in 62,5% ((100+25)/2=62,5)
could it be possible that i get access to your system in some way? maybe just with TeamViewer, i would like to see it from the system side

@TheM:
TheM wrote:You can ask TheM about it... ^^
I'd have to find out how to fix that quickly, maybe steeffeen could quickly tell me which callback I have to use...?
1. uhm you're writing as TheM
2. what callback do you want? just write the message that the record plugins is needed and keep running, it's not that you can't run without it.. i don't get the problem
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    TheM

Post by TheM »

steeffeen wrote:1. uhm you're writing as TheM
    I know, that's the joke... ^^
    steeffeen wrote:2. what callback do you want? just write the message that the record plugins is needed and keep running, it's not that you can't run without it.. i don't get the problem
    I think I've found another way to do this, I'll check it out :)
    TheM

Post by TheM »

TheM wrote:
    Clem wrote:Records Plugin :
    - I saw that Hark just told it today, but I didn't understand your answer : when we use RecordsWidget, if we restart ManiaControl, the plugin can't start, it says that "Local Records Plugin" has to be launched... Isn't there any way to start the "basic" plugins before, and then the downloaded plugins ? so that the downloaded plugins that needs some basic plugins can start without bug ? You said that the RecordsWidget authors should modify it, do you know who it is ? and how to ask it to him/them ?
    You can ask TheM about it... ^^
    I'd have to find out how to fix that quickly, maybe steeffeen could quickly tell me which callback I have to use...? :D
    Could you update the plugin and try it again? It should be fixed now.
    Clem

Post by Clem »

Quick answers, I like it :D

I'm gonna answer all those things later tonight, don't have time right now ^^

But I've a problem I didn't have yesterday, and I didn't change anything since it worked xD

I wanted to quickly try the update of the Records Plugin, but I can't start ManiaControl anymore o_O

I get those lines is the logs :

[07-Aug-2014 18:18:40 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl//libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl/core/ManiaControl.php on line 34
    [07-Aug-2014 18:18:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl//libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl/core/ManiaControl.php on line 34

I'm gonna look further tonight, I've to go for now, cya !
    TheM

Post by TheM »

Clem wrote:Quick answers, I like it :D

I'm gonna answer all those things later tonight, don't have time right now ^^

But I've a problem I didn't have yesterday, and I didn't change anything since it worked xD

I wanted to quickly try the update of the Records Plugin, but I can't start ManiaControl anymore o_O

I get those lines is the logs :

[07-Aug-2014 18:18:40 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl//libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl/core/ManiaControl.php on line 34
    [07-Aug-2014 18:18:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl//libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/obstacle-debutant/ManiaControl/core/ManiaControl.php on line 34

I'm gonna look further tonight, I've to go for now, cya !
    I think it might be due to this: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 79&t=28826
    Clem

Post by Clem »

It worked, thank you ! :)

Gonna come later to answer to the last posts ;)
    Clem

Post by Clem »

Don't have answers for eveything yet, but one important point :

Since you updated Records Plugin, ManiaControl crash when I try to activate it !! (Hark got the same problem)
    TheM

Post by TheM »

Clem wrote:Don't have answers for eveything yet, but one important point :

Since you updated Records Plugin, ManiaControl crash when I try to activate it !! (Hark got the same problem)
    Ow, it seems I made a big mistake. It should work now ... !
    Clem

Post by Clem »

Didn't get any error, but I just updated the plugin (think you just updated it a few mins ago ?)

It works again, but there still is a problem when restarting ManiaControl : the plugin doesn't desactivate any more, and doesn't give any error message, but the widget won't show until I desactivate and reactivate the plugin :)

If you don't have much time tonight, don't worry, it's usable, just go in holidays, and work on it when you come back ;)

Return to “ManiaControl”