Future Trackmania games? Or is Trackmania done?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

tym

Re: Future Trackmania games? Or is Trackmania done?

Post by tym »

Yea a F1 Type of race/environment would be nice. TrackMania Is perfect for casual gamers like myself. With all the custom Tracks around. I really am shocked no one has modded that type of environment.
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

tym wrote:Yea a F1 Type of race/environment would be nice. TrackMania Is perfect for casual gamers like myself. With all the custom Tracks around. I really am shocked no one has modded that type of environment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFXiJeq ... HfZwdWpt5w :mrgreen:
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

tym wrote:Yea a F1 Type of race/environment would be nice. TrackMania Is perfect for casual gamers like myself. With all the custom Tracks around. I really am shocked no one has modded that type of environment.
Also in that direction, with pit stops and stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI2RZTkjj0
http://www.blackangelteam.net/
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

jojoba007 wrote:
oliverde8 wrote:I can't sell enough of my great product I shall give it a way for free. That is such a great economic model.
The discussion about this was done again and again I don't know why it is Brough back. Don't try to make it happen it won't happen :D
So you think Google and League of legends don't make enough money with their free services?

It's not about not selling. It's about getting those 10.000.000 subscribers back into the franchise. Offcourse there are modern free 2 play models to make loooooots of money. I don't know them. I'm sure somebody can come up with a good model for trackmania. Maybe only sell the editor or track building packs. Whatever how this works. But we need players.

I'm not trying to be cheap, I bought all of the games. But without players trackmania is dead.
I certainly agree that TM needs more players.

What I meant is the business model of TM is of selling games, without having hidden prices(I know LOL don't also) and making that sort of game free to play at the level of MP is probably hard. Google is a bad example it is hard to compare with a game. But well economy has never been my strong point.

If after having sold their game they make it free I think a lot of us would feel betrayed, we have paid money for it didn't wee? So it is really complicated, there is a lot questions to be asked, but the only way I see MP as a free game is a game with hidden costs like some other games, and if that happens I think the game will lose a lot of it's community which is more important then the players for a community driven game.

The solution must be laying elsewhere to have more players :D
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
jojoba007

Post by jojoba007 »

oliverde8 wrote:
jojoba007 wrote:
oliverde8 wrote:I can't sell enough of my great product I shall give it a way for free. That is such a great economic model.
The discussion about this was done again and again I don't know why it is Brough back. Don't try to make it happen it won't happen :D
So you think Google and League of legends don't make enough money with their free services?

It's not about not selling. It's about getting those 10.000.000 subscribers back into the franchise. Offcourse there are modern free 2 play models to make loooooots of money. I don't know them. I'm sure somebody can come up with a good model for trackmania. Maybe only sell the editor or track building packs. Whatever how this works. But we need players.

I'm not trying to be cheap, I bought all of the games. But without players trackmania is dead.
I certainly agree that TM needs more players.

What I meant is the business model of TM is of selling games, without having hidden prices(I know LOL don't also) and making that sort of game free to play at the level of MP is probably hard. Google is a bad example it is hard to compare with a game. But well economy has never been my strong point.

If after having sold their game they make it free I think a lot of us would feel betrayed, we have paid money for it didn't wee? So it is really complicated, there is a lot questions to be asked, but the only way I see MP as a free game is a game with hidden costs like some other games, and if that happens I think the game will lose a lot of it's community which is more important then the players for a community driven game.

The solution must be laying elsewhere to have more players :D
Why feel betrayed? For eaxample: Blizzards new mmo, under the name Titan, will probably be some sort of free 2 play model (thats what the news articles tells us). For sure it wont get a montly fee based model like World of Warcraft has, that model is history., thats how blizzard sees it, thats what we read in the news.
As we can read in recent news articles is that they wont just simply copy their old money model onto their new game. Thats something trackmania should keep in mind too. I wont feel betrayed if i'd play world of warcraft and blizzards new game would suddenly be free 2 play.
I think that blizzard knows very well that those millions of players from WoW are returning the fastest if they let them play their new game for "free".
And now we get to the next question, what is free 2 play? You say that google is a bad example, I dont think so! Offcourse google services has nothing to do with games, but the way google give people an experience without giving them the feeling that this free service is limmited, is just awesome. The mainstream of people enjoys googles free services without feeling limmited. But somebody else has to pay to get these services up and running. That "somebody" are corporations in the form of advertisement. A different sort of free 2 play model is implemented in Leauge of legends as well. Without giving the player the feeling that he is limmited in his game.

I think this sort of model could be implemented into trackmania as well, thats why I say, stadium 2 and free 2 play.
Learn from them, they have done it without losing quality with their free services. Why do you think the original stadium was/is that populair? Nadeo has to come up with a solution to get some money from it. And offcourse thats not easy, These 10.000.000 trackmania subscribers did show up because stadium was a free to play game in the first pace, do you really think that these subscribers would suddenly pay for trackmania 2? I dont think so! So Nadeo has to come up with a new model to get those guys back to the franchise. And more players into the game, means more custom content, means more life into trackmania!

Know your game Nadeo, know how to react! :thumbsup:
Apostate

Post by Apostate »

I think another great way to increase the playerbase and do well on the economic side is to have trackmania as part of a humble bundle (main/weekly/store/special).
Demented

Post by Demented »

One way to get more players is to advertise it better. I live in the U.S. and I've never seen an advertisement on any kind of media. A simple TV ad at the right time of day would likely generate thousands if not millions of new users. There are a lot of people that love these kind of games but have never heard of TM or SM.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

The demo grants infinite playtime in the TM2 title or the Valley main title (or any dummy title if it ever grows). Or Combo, or one of the MANY other titles without 100 concurrent players (Only titles like Canyon, Stadium, Storm and Elite might have it I guess?).

Although the game's like not advertised at all (who knows about the "demo", which is practically free playtime for most features?), I suspect people are thrown off because Maniaplanet is seen as "just another stupid platform like uPlay". I still think the title system is flawed, in multiple ways. :P
=3
fungist

Post by fungist »

Lol if people cant pay that small fee for stadium 2 its about time looking for a job maybe.
Ive never seen a cheaper game being worth every penny so well.
and for league of legends, ive spendt more in that game than ive spendt on all my games the last 10 years.
sure its my own bad, but its addicting and tempting. its a annoying system that is hard to overlook if you really like the game. but most of the time it was to "support" riot.
Well i played since closed beta. the last years ive spendt little or nothing. not worth it anymore.

Just buy stadium, or seriously buy all titles. then you support nadeo, you support a good game, and you feel lucky you didnt just pay for a skin.

Sometimes i wounder if 90% of the people i talk to online are young teenagers or kids that still dont own a VISA or have a job so they actually can spend some well earned money wisely. wisely i mean, support nadeo into advertising and developing the game more etc.
mistAken

Post by mistAken »

The bottom line is there is no advertising aimed at new players(FULLSTOP.JPG) If your currently renting a game server you may come past an add, but unless your already playing it its skipped past. Nothing.
There is no hype,, no article's featured in blogs, e-zines to grab any hype.

I was lucky.....
I found and bought TMUF onlylast year!!!! and then bought TM2 a month later cause i wanted some!!! and that was from blog which no longer exists but thought 'i may need this one day' so saved the article as a word document.

Imagine if i hadnt of saved that........

Return to “Trackmania 2”