[1.0] Missing Ranking information on getMultiplayerRanking()

Trackmania Forever public API and its open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

m4rcel

[1.0] Missing Ranking information on getMultiplayerRanking()

Post by m4rcel »

Some minutes ago, the user Blade from the German Mania-Community.de pointed me on a strange behavior of the TMWS. As this seems to be not the intended behavior, I want to name it here ;)

If you request the Multiplayer-Rankings of a Player, the ranking-array always is empty.

Example code:

Code: Select all

$players = new TrackMania_Players(TMWS_USER, TMWS_PASS);
$multi = $tmPlayers->getMultiplayerRanking('m4rcel');
var_dump($multi);
Example output:

Code: Select all

object(stdClass)#20 (4) {
  ["environment"]=>
  string(5) "Merge"
  ["unit"]=>
  string(13) "Ladder Points"
  ["points"]=>
  string(8) "72112.01"
  ["ranks"]=>
  array(0) {
  }
}
Whereas the entries "environment", "unit", and "points" are correct, the entry "ranks" always seems to have an empty array, not giving the expected Multiplayer Rank of the requested player. (In this case, it should be sth. around 6000).

Please have a look on this ;)
Marcel
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [1.0] Missing Ranking information on getMultiplayerRanki

Post by gouxim »

Thanks for the report.
There's a little glitch in the Database at the moment: the data is just not in the table :lol:
Hopefully it'll be fixed soon enough.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
m4rcel

Post by m4rcel »

Thank you for your fast response :)

If have another question, which is not directly related to the problem before, but I want not to open a new thread for it.

As the "ranks" element is given as array, is it planned to provide the ranks of all zones within this array?
For example, when requesting the ->getSoloRanking(), I get for my account the world rank (Zone #1). Will I also be able to get the rank in Germany, in Thuringia and in Erfurt in near future?
(Otherwise specifying the ranks as array would make no sense ^^ )
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

The rank is indeed an array for the ranks in each zones of the path of the player.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

m4rcel

Post by m4rcel »

(A late) thank you for fiing this ;)

I am currently creating an overview about the return values and their structure of the SDK, and I noticed the following things. Please have a look on those, too ;)
(This overview will be posted as soon as I know more about the second point ;))
  • TrackMania_Players::getSoloRanking($login)
    This method only returns the ranking of the World zone. Why is it not returning, like getMultiplayerRanking() all zones down to that one, the player is in?
  • TrackMania_Servers::get($login)
    I tried to use this method, but it always returned an "Object not found" message. In detail, I tried to request data from https://ws.trackmania.com/tmf/servers/hide_and_seek/ , which is currently running. Is there any restriction on the Servers supported by this method, or why do I get the "Object not found" message?
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

m4rcel wrote:
  • TrackMania_Players::getSoloRanking($login)
    This method only returns the ranking of the World zone. Why is it not returning, like getMultiplayerRanking() all zones down to that one, the player is in?
Because the granularity of the data is not the same. The Multiplayer rankings are much more detailed than the solo rankings.
m4rcel wrote: [*]TrackMania_Servers::get($login)
I tried to use this method, but it always returned an "Object not found" message. In detail, I tried to request data from https://ws.trackmania.com/tmf/servers/hide_and_seek/ , which is currently running. Is there any restriction on the Servers supported by this method, or why do I get the "Object not found" message? [/list]
This methods only returns a server if it's online. I might add that in the doc :)

Edit: it is actually in the doc: http://trackmania-ws-sdk.googlecode.com ... rvers.html (see the login parameter)

eg. https://ws.trackmania.com/tmf/servers/freezone001/
m4rcel

Post by m4rcel »

Thanks for your answer :)

I already guessed that point with the Solo-Ranking, but I wanted to be sure that it is intended to only give the world zone ^^

To the servers: Okay, I tried some other servers where I know the login from, and they seem to work. But what I do not understand now: Why is https://ws.trackmania.com/tmf/servers/hide_and_seek/ returning the not-found-message? This server is up and running, currently more than 10 players on them, so why do I not get its information?

As said in the previous post, I finished the overview about the return values. See: All return values and their structures ;)
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

m4rcel wrote:Okay, I tried some other servers where I know the login from, and they seem to work. But what I do not understand now: Why is https://ws.trackmania.com/tmf/servers/hide_and_seek/ returning the not-found-message? This server is up and running, currently more than 10 players on them, so why do I not get its information?
The database from which the requests are done is a replicate of a database which is an aggregate of all the databases :ugeek: You server is indeed not in my database. It may be a aggregation lag or a replication lag.

Has it been up and running for a long time?
If not, you should try again in like 2h.
If it has been up and running for a long time, then it may be a bug and I'll look into it.
m4rcel

Post by m4rcel »

I asked the server administrator (it's not mine at all ^^), and he said that the server was last down around 3 months ago.

I will keep trying to request these data in the next hours, until now, the TMWS always returned the not-found-message.

EDIT @ 2011-06-22, 08:17
Still "object not found" on requesting the Hide'n'seek-Server...
ImageImage

Return to “Trackmania Forever Web Services”