TimeAttack Script in Trackmania

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

madmax75

TimeAttack Script in Trackmania

Post by madmax75 »

I use UASECO on my server so the server has to start in script mode.

When the map changes the TimeAttack script shows the whole map in the beginning for
a long time .... can i switch that off somehow...

If there are many people on the server the waiting time is very long ... :shock:

best regards
madmax
WTCYoStunt12

Re: TimeAttack Script in Trackmania

Post by WTCYoStunt12 »

When you're waiting the start of the race, the "Please wait" if the middle of the screen, the server waits all players load the map. If many of them have a bad computer/network, you can wait a long time
"I can lag more than you can think"-Me
YouTube Twitter
madmax75

Post by madmax75 »

Yes ..but please wait only is one or two seconds ... the rest the server seems to wait ... :?:
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

Is your server 24h online? If true, then please post the link to the server, i want to visit and see it by myself.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
madmax75

Post by madmax75 »

hi undef! Thx for your reply!

I don't think it has anything to do with uaseco, because if was the same when i used
maniacontrol...

My problem is not only the waiting time, but that the whole map is shown in overview,
which destroys the illusion on some of my maps with custom blocks...

Thats why i asked if you can switch that overview off in the beginning of the map..
and i think it has something to do with the TimeAttack script, because it doesnt happen
in normal TimeAttack Mode ("2")...

best regards
madmax

P.S. you find my server "BEGINNER & EXPERT tiny" 24/7 with only 6 slots by typing "B&E" in search...
Big one called only "BEGINNER & EXPERT" with 32 slots runs only on weekends.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

madmax75 wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with uaseco, because if was the same when i used
maniacontrol...

My problem is not only the waiting time, but that the whole map is shown in overview,
which destroys the illusion on some of my maps with custom blocks...
Could you please add a screenshot of that "destroying illusion thing"?
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

Hi. I made some changes in the Trackmania game modes scripts to get rid of the overview camera at the beginning of the map. So it should be better in the next update of the server.
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
madmax75

Post by madmax75 »

@Eole: THX A LOT ! :thumbsup: :yes:

@undef.de: For instance i made a canyon looking like track in stadium:

looks like this in overview:

jui

Post by jui »

Eole wrote:Hi. I made some changes in the Trackmania game modes scripts to get rid of the overview camera at the beginning of the map. So it should be better in the next update of the server.
Kinda liked the overview cam after getting used to it but its also fine without it. ^^
Maybe you could also look into the thing where when you press "Give Up" immediately after finishing a map the camera sometimes goes back to the car (car is behind finish) and only on the second "Give Up" you get back to Start. In legacy mode this never happens.

Edit: Not sure here but i think forceshowallopponents also did not work in script mode when i tried it on rounds.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

Eole wrote:Hi. I made some changes in the Trackmania game modes scripts to get rid of the overview camera at the beginning of the map. So it should be better in the next update of the server.
I think you just force the Player into spectator. If i skip the intro it looks like this:

TMStadium

TMCanyon

TMValley

As you can see, the position in TMStadium doesn't look nice, it has to be a little bit higher (in my eyes the best position would be at the startblock anyway... and not forced to spectator, because you can see the spectator widgets).

Return to “UASECO”