Moon Project

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

meuh21

Moon Project

Post by meuh21 »

We (Spaii and Meuh) have started work on « Moon Project » more than one year ago. We miss a « gravity » gameplay parameter so we asked for it and stopped this project. We re-started our project (alpha 3 stage) a few weeks ago and now we really need "gravity". Later in beta stage it will be much more to difficult to include it. So, because we have been patient as Hylis asked us, because we know we have to demonstrate the quality of this project and because the community support is important to reach our goal, we launch today « WWG » (We Want Gravity please;)) movement.

EDIT 19/06/2015 : Gravity parameter is now reality. Huge thanks to Hylis, Nadeo dream team and community support

In this topic and in the blog we want to share with you our project. Feel free to post a message to comment.

Articles , videos, screens will be played in this blog.

Discover Moon Project :

Day 1 : discovering video

Day 3 : an old story

Day 5 : Lunar Rover Vehicle

Day 7 : TM space tradition

Day 11 : driving on the Moon

Day 15 : reality is real

Day 21 : moon race

Day 36 : LEM

Day 51 : Stay inside your car
Last edited by meuh21 on 19 Jun 2015, 21:38, edited 15 times in total.
Tipiizor

Re: WWG (We Want Gravity please ;)) for Moon Project

Post by Tipiizor »

+1000 support !

Nadeo, we've been really patient, it's time to listen the few remaining content creators in this game...
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5-2500K@3.4GHz
RAM: 2x G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
GPU: Geforce GTX 970 EXOC
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M
HDD(s): Sandisk ultra Pro II (240 Go) / WDC WD10EACS-14ZJB0 (931 Go)
Sound: Realtek ALC887
HawkGer
Translator
Translator

Post by HawkGer »

Titlepack creators absolutely need some access to physics components of this game to actually be able to create unique environments. Ideally not just as a fixed component of a titlepack but dynamically adjustable for each track. Tracks with physics ranging from Mario Kart to Wipeout...all in one titlepack...this would be a dream come true.
Anyway, yeah...gravity is a great place to start with this...so I support you guys 100% :thumbsup:
WTCYoStunt12

Post by WTCYoStunt12 »

meuh, you know I support you since Raid Valley and I always like what you do so I 100% support you!
:thumbsup:

I just fast-made a picture (in 2 versions) of the new Trackmania you want to made ;)
Click the to get them in 1080p

"I can lag more than you can think"-Me
YouTube Twitter
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

All I know for sure about gravity is: It pulls me down..... but!

Three pioneers in the ManiaUniverse have just spoken - meuh21 (Raid-Lord), Tipiizor (WTC-coMaster) and HawkGer (Map/Mod/AllThoseNiftyItems-AND rpg-Guru). If this doesn't bring a huge, warm response from the NADEO creators, well, call me 'Pinkie' & throw me off the rock!

* Total support is given, as requested. :D :thumbsup: :thx: :P :1010 :3 :mrgreen: :clap: :yes: :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 »

I think total control of the car ( drift, acceleration, speed, etc...) would be more cool :thumbsup:
But i support your ideas :thumbsup:
C'est Grandiose!
hackie

Post by hackie »

nighthawk4571 wrote:All I know for sure about gravity is: It pulls me down..... but!

Three pioneers in the ManiaUniverse have just spoken - meuh21 (Raid-Lord), Tipiizor (WTC-coMaster) and HawkGer (Map/Mod/AllThoseNiftyItems-AND rpg-Guru). If this doesn't bring a huge, warm response from the NADEO creators, well, call me 'Pinkie' & throw me off the rock!

* Total support is given, as requested. :D :thumbsup: :thx: :P :1010 :3 :mrgreen: :clap: :yes: :pil
+1 allowed ? ( :roflol: )

If yes : +1
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Demented

Re: Moon Project : WWG We Want Gravity please ;)

Post by Demented »

I'm all for an adjustable gravity parameter if it's kept within reasonable limits. I mean no one wants to wait a full minute to return to the ground (unless the vehicle has rockets or jets on it) or have a car so heavy it can't get over a bump in the road.
I love that Nadeo has allowed for choosing what car you want now when entering the track editor. Choosing a gravity would be cool as an additional option or even just an additional option in a specific Title pack, either as a slider (for example that slides from 10%---400% of standard gravity) or even choosing a "Planet" for gravity like in the old game "Racing Destruction Set" Such as Moon, Mars, Earth, Neptune, Jupiter etc...
More control over more variables means some really cool and innovative ideas, but at the same time it means more unplayable crap from people who don't know how to keep a fun and playable balance in a game mode. I'm sure Nadeo realizes this and takes into consideration just how much control to give to the users to avoid a flood of garbage that could kill these games.
I do think they could allow adjustments of Environment Gravity, Vehicle Weight and Vehicle Grip though.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
wooloo

Post by wooloo »

I think it would be the best if you can only modifie it for new titlepacks.
orbiting around maniaplanet
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

Thanks everybody for your smart comments :thumbsup: :thx:

Day 3 : an old story

Return to “Trackmania 2”