Matchmaking: Ubisoft EU GOLD+SILVER Elite Lobby

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Matchmaking: Ubisoft EU GOLD+SILVER Elite Lobby

Post by gouxim »

Hey, the lobby maps were just updated with your submission :thumbsup:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

On Elite Match #17, the server stuck after "mapvote". Maybe you could fix this?^^
This happens at 4:35 pm. You should find some logins like badplash, kripke etc.^^
The current map is Rust. Could not find the matchid from it :|
StaxFid

Post by StaxFid »

Hi, this happened on server #20 too, and on another server too, but I didn't checked this server id. I guess that all the servers crashed ;)
franny2

Post by franny2 »

Thanks for the lobby maps. :D

If you want even more lobby maps, you could add

http://sm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/14844

which I just finished revamping.

And please update

http://sm.mania-exchange.com/maps/view/ ... y-atlantis

to which I added ultra shadows. (Why is this option hidden? I just found out about it a few days ago!) :o
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

Thanks for the report, the matchservers were restarted and the issues seem fixed :thumbsup:

I'll update the lobby maps tomorow morning.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
novationx

Post by novationx »

gouxim wrote:Thanks for the report, the matchservers were restarted and the issues seem fixed :thumbsup:

I'll update the lobby maps tomorow morning.
Why not auto-update & restart every night @ 6am. Automatically. So if players update maps with the same map-id then you dont have to do anything. ^^
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

novationx wrote:Why not auto-update & restart every night @ 6am. Automatically. So if players update maps with the same map-id then you dont have to do anything. ^^
For a task to be efficiently automated, the tools pipeline has to be very robust: you need to think about monitoring, maintenance, alerting when something goes bad, and so on. While it may seem a quick and easy task, it is not that trivial.

We'll get there, eventually ; and it's already improving, for example we've build tools to be less prone to errors when updating maps, and it's working fairly well :thumbsup:

Edit: lobby maps updated
novationx

Post by novationx »

Yeps you're right ^^
Sometimes it sounds easier than it actually is! :D
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Livert

Post by Livert »

kremsy wrote: Well there would be also easy ways todo it, for example witg servercontrollers. Maniacontrol has everything in to interact with maniaexchange including an library checking if updates available. Simple plugin would be needed which checks as soon a server js empty if there are updates available and puts them on. Approximatly 20 lines of code needed. :D

Dont even need to restart, and if you want the possibility to add new maps, put a json with mapids somewhere, use the async file reader of maniaconteol to fetch the json and lwt them add it (another 20 lines of code).

+1 hour once to setup maniacontrol proberly for all servers
Well, I only understood halve of this post but it sounds like a perfect solution to me :D

Return to “Shootmania”