Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by Florenzius » 07 Feb 2016, 08:15

SqueelCr wrote:Sorry if my question's already answered but I don't have enough time to read 27 pages..

I just wanted to know more about turbo mediatracker.
and the classical track-editor..?
Creative Director at unbitn studio - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaExchange Crew - ManiaPlanet Beta tester and Translator
___
MB - AM3+ 970 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
RAM - 16GB
CPU - AMD FX-8320E Enlight-Core
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 07 Feb 2016, 10:05

Hackie, after Turbo, we are fullspeed on Maniaplanet and for a long time. For Trackmania players, they should look for Lagoon/Power Up/Maniaplanet 4 as next steps. But for now, it's Turbo, and it's cool!

W1lla, because it's really special on console. There are many rules to make the experience consistent. It's rather positive for Turbo. We can't disclose these rules, but server controllers would easily break these rules.

SqueelCr & ManiaDesign, making videos, sophisticated mapping functions like mixmapping are much more efficient on PC and therefor more logical to keep on Maniaplanet itself. Again, the goal is much less to recreate Maniaplanet in Turbo than to make Turbo a more wide audience friendly experience. And this is why it will be a good transition to go back fullspeed on Maniaplanet afterward. While this wide audience realize how cool Trackmania is and how much they will want to push the limit further. We have made a tremendous work on the map editor for Turbo, but really in that spirit of people being able to climb the scales of complexity in a confortable way, in order to join the community while reaching the top ^_^

Mr.DVD

Post by Mr.DVD » 07 Feb 2016, 10:11

I'm looking forward to Trackmania Turbo :thumbsup: :pop: and my First Turbo Mini :lol:
:pop:

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy » 07 Feb 2016, 13:40

Well, it's a bit weird that ManiaPlanet, with normal versions of the environments and less features can be attractive for Turbo owners. Of course it offers custom skins and gamemodes, but would a casual player download ManiaPlanet just to drive a fancy Lamborghini or compete in Chase/Pursuit/Endurance? I think not.

Because of that all I really need from Turbo is option to import scripts. Just look at it: how big audience for custom content we would have in Turbo in comparison to ManiaPlanet? Turbo won't be a good way to advertise ManiaPlanet, unless it's clearly shown in the main menu.

And if not, I'm also going to continue my Turbo title pack after Turbo release, because I'll have all files to rip.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

shaxe

Post by shaxe » 07 Feb 2016, 15:03

Hylis wrote:There are 60 milllions of consoles. And this audience can watch videos or streams. And from this audience, if some players get hooked enough of the fun of Trackmania, they can play on PC to compete. The more Trakmania is accessible, the more it can grow large and the deeper is Maniaplanet the more it can grow high.
So I take it this means Turbo won't have any ranked matchmaking? i had hopes of it having a similar ranked system to rocket league but not have the barrier of ping/latency so it would be a giant pool of players to compete against and get matched with. oh well.

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius » 07 Feb 2016, 15:35

Will come new envis on updates?
Creative Director at unbitn studio - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaExchange Crew - ManiaPlanet Beta tester and Translator
___
MB - AM3+ 970 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
RAM - 16GB
CPU - AMD FX-8320E Enlight-Core
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car » 07 Feb 2016, 15:42

The more I read, the less I understand.

So, there will be TrackMania Turbo with 4 environments? And even if someone has 3 envs already, will be forced to pay second time for the same envs like someone who never bought any TM2 env? And If someone bought TMUF and TM2 Stadium, he will be forced to pay 3rd time for stadium? And after that - if someone wants to have TrackMania Lagoon in Maniaplanet, he will be forced for buy it again, even if he pays for Turbo?

Can someone explain it to me? I want TM Lagoon, but not want to buy Turbo if Lagoon will be available in Maniaplanet. Or, maybe for those who bought Turbo, Lagoon in Maniaplanet will be free?

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 07 Feb 2016, 15:46

rat_in_car wrote:Can someone explain it to me? I want TM Lagoon, but not want to buy Turbo if Lagoon will be available in Maniaplanet. Or, maybe for those who bought Turbo, Lagoon in Maniaplanet will be free?
Lagoon will be available in Maniaplanet. You will need to but a separetely throught as you have bought Canyon and Valley ... before.

To me it looks like TMT is game for players that don't play MP(or that has to much money, or simply wants to support Nadeo), that will allow Nadeo to make some money to continue investments in Maniaplanet.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

Miss

Post by Miss » 07 Feb 2016, 15:50

Hylis wrote:And this is why it will be a good transition to go back fullspeed on Maniaplanet afterward.
I see what you did there :3
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car » 07 Feb 2016, 17:48

oliverde8 wrote:Lagoon will be available in Maniaplanet. You will need to but a separetely throught as you have bought Canyon and Valley ... before.

To me it looks like TMT is game for players that don't play MP(or that has to much money, or simply wants to support Nadeo), that will allow Nadeo to make some money to continue investments in Maniaplanet.
So, if I want to buy Lagoon, I must wait, because first will be released as TMT and then will be released as another MP env? Anyone knows when? The same time? Half year delay?

And what about optimization of code? TM2 (Canyon / Valley) has still these micro-freezes that never been fixed (and other bugs that nobody even think about fixing)? Maybe Turbo will have better code?

Damn, it's annoying. Everything should be much simplier.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”