Why TM Environments are still divided?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

mvv0105

Why TM Environments are still divided?

Post by mvv0105 »

I thought in 2011, that sooner or later, with the release of all environments, Nadeo will unite all official titles into one complete title, but there still no any proper complete title (TM2 title is just multiplayer-only unpopular mess). Here is some reasons why it will give more possibilities to ManiaPlanet and entire TrackMania series:

1) "Oh, i don't want buy Valley/Canyon/Stadium/Lagoon/Asi... Whatever"
So, just DON'T BUY it! Create some lock to certain part of campaign/editor/servers, where you will buy needed environment as DLC or addon.

2) "Every title have their own servers!"
Create a environment choice like TM United, that's all. Anyway, official titles of environments are most popular in MP, none of people want to install SOMETHING ELSE after launching the game.

3) "Official titles don't have additional user-made content!"
No problem - just put loved by all players awesome user-made content (items from Xjayray for example) into OFFICIAL TITLE (By some polls/votes). Current item-import system into track is unacceptable; system, which will download non-existing in PC items/blocks will be much greater and easier. Think about it - you can put every item/model into track on normal TM2 server, and players can just download these models and textures! This thing in every normal game, come on!

I don't say that title system is failure - it's still a feature that allow to create almost every game style or thing, and it's main thing into ManiaPlanet, but don't forget about core of MP - games. Make it comfort and useful! ;)
tcq

Re: Why TM Environments are still divided?

Post by tcq »

Totally agree with this. Maniaplanet needs more simplicity. Let the features be there, but route all players first in the multi environment title.
To number 3), have been asking for this since the objects import. Doubt that it will ever be done. Shame that Nadeo doesn't make use of the great artists that are here in this community. Another star track contest would be great to fil provide us with new maps, maybe on a yearly/half year basis.
Palteza

Post by Palteza »

The tittle packs is a great idea in itself, but the way it's used in the game is a HUGE CRIME for the user-friendliness (considering it should be the force of every single trackmania games).
But if i'm not wrong the staff has announced a big update for Maniaplanet platform after GA. When ? Let's wait.
BK-ZD50

Post by BK-ZD50 »

Titlepacks are great, but why can we not load all in one time? Why must we switch every time? I would like to load or extract to userfolder all titlepack what i have.
disposableaccount

Post by disposableaccount »

we all know tm2 needs integration, it's the biggest complain tm2 get by far... but nadeo...
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

I full agree with everything that has been said :thumbsup:
PLS NADEO PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS
Image Image
Miss

Post by Miss »

There's already a multi-environment title called "Trackmania 2" that combines all environments, no? :?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
disposableaccount

Post by disposableaccount »

it's only useful for creating environment mix maps, it also only display servers using multiple environments, there is no solo mode and steam can't use any multi environment tile, it's just pointless fragmentation
Darkhawk

Post by Darkhawk »

Miss wrote:There's already a multi-environment title called "Trackmania 2" that combines all environments, no? :?
If you would've read the posts above the problem with this is, that it has only multiplayer and has way too less servers (because obviously people are playing the official titlepacks for the single envis).

Also generally speaking for all tp there should be a better way to find those faster. New players will only see their bought envis at first and could need explanation on how to work with those tp.

The button "Store" could also be interpreted wrong without knowing it is only paid via ingame money.
aprror

Post by aprror »

I was thinking one thing and wanted to make separate topic but funny this topic was made, so why not put here.

The thought: Since there is always risk with every release, for example lets say Valley didnt raise so good popularity as Canyon did, so Valley is not appealing to players if it stays small, even join later on and get so much popularity in following years, causing high risk of game dying completely, which is very bad for such huge work for the game.

So, when the releases are separate, the separate game title has to top up the previous one and be better and better and better, which is impossible. When every game title is separate, the studio has pressure of gaining huge popularity to every single game release. But then, every people has their own taste, for example I didnt like Valley so much as Canyon and I didnt like Canyon so much as i did Stadium. So, playing with individual tastes is high risk always, because every game is its own personal taste. Some gains huge, some gains small.
If its split up to 3 games, 1 game might die completely and 1 game is middle one and 1 game stays hit game.

But, if all the players would play one game, this would never happen. The pressure is smaller, because the game itself will stay alive, no matter how bad one extension is, no matter what every player taste is.
If its 1 trackmania that has 3 parts inside, the one game always stays up the top, one trackmania.
If its 3 trackmanias, one might die completely and the swings are more visible, because its all about taste.
Do you know what i mean?

But yeah, not my topic really i dont mind, i love shootmania, but im oldschool trackmaniac and i want to support with random thoughts

Return to “Trackmania 2”