Price

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

mikepurdy1234

Price

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

Will there be a free to play version, with micro-transactions? or a subscription or both? (im poor btw.)

Maybe you have a free noob version with limited blocks for map making and limited skills in SM/TM2/QM.

or let people create for free but not play on any maps but 3 specific ones... like a demo version.

The only way to fight piracy is to let people have it in small form.

Charge for:
mounts and vehicles
weapons
skills
blocks for map making
clothing for custom avatars
player houses
video filter features
commander access features in shooter or quest
pets in quest
taunting emotes

You will reach 10 million people, so don't worry about monthly payments.
Zooz

Re: Price

Post by Zooz »

Unfortunately Hylis has already said they're not planning on free stuff... which I think will hurt the game because without free stuff, what non-TM non-racing games player is going to try SM or QM out?

I guess it's not unlikely that there are micro-transactions, logical next step from coppers. I just hope they don't affect the game too much...
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

I am just not willing to pay per month is all... I'll buy the full version of the game, but they should get most of their money from micro-transactions.
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

well maybe they will put out updates for around 5 euro every 6 months.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Zooz wrote:Unfortunately Hylis has already said they're not planning on free stuff... which I think will hurt the game because without free stuff, what non-TM non-racing games player is going to try SM or QM out?

I guess it's not unlikely that there are micro-transactions, logical next step from coppers. I just hope they don't affect the game too much...
No, hylis said, that they're planning no free Environments
Hylis wrote:There is no free version scheduled. If we do one, I don't expect it to be before 2013. Nations forever is a very good game in my opinion and we would need some time before releasing other type for free. It requires to know a lot your field to make stadium for example, because you try to balance it.
So it's possible, that there are small free updates between them(I guess he already said something like that, but I'm not sure and can't find it at this moment. sry :( )
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
BigBuddha

Post by BigBuddha »

Zooz wrote:Unfortunately Hylis has already said they're not planning on free stuff... which I think will hurt the game because without free stuff, what non-TM non-racing games player is going to try SM or QM out?
I don't think so. With Nations TM has gained much publicity and Nations will be played further in leagues, i think. As SM and QM are concerned, i think people who are interested in FPS ore RPG will try, if they like the trailer and descriptions and possibility of an editor. And maybe then, more people find a way to TM, so it won't really hurt the game.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Oh crap...didn't even think of the monthly cost. Yeah...I'm not payin' per month to play online... :? Can't afford it.
WIP
Sammon

Post by Sammon »

TM has NEVER had a monthly cost and the chances of it having one in the future are slim to none.

As far as the popularity of SM and QM goes, the original Trackmania was little-known yet look at it now - 10 million people! :D

Besides, I purchased TMPU because it had an editor and it was $10. :)
thesammon <3
My TMX Account :cool:
TMUF Login: 123speeder456 (yes, I hate it)
Sammon

Post by Sammon »

I'm just using the history of the series to make my assumption. It could turn out to be wrong (let's hope not - I don't want to pay a monthly fee, even for my favorite game).

The problem with integrating a monthly fee now is that would alienate a large part of the fanbase who have been playing for free for seven years (like me). Games are (in my opinion) already a waste of money and monthly fees make them more so. ;)
thesammon <3
My TMX Account :cool:
TMUF Login: 123speeder456 (yes, I hate it)

Return to “Maniaplanet”