Xirdrak

Server : World Cup Test Maps

Post by Xirdrak »

Yop guys,
Already 9 maps have been suggested for the World Cup here:
https://league.paragon-esports.com/foru ... m.php?f=51

You can test the maps on the server and there's already 14 maps:
p»World Cup Test Maps

August is supposed to be the month of testing, please feel free to check and give any feedbacks! :)

Learn more here: https://league.paragon-esports.com/news/204
Jaminco

Re: Server : World Cup Test Maps

Post by Jaminco »

I think the new mappack for the world cup is bad.

9 new maps, only two weeks of selection for 35 maps, no visibility/not enough submission (only 10-15 authors I think), 0 old maps = 9 maps who players don't care I think.

Maps wasn't created by pro players, so poor level design in my opinion.

I think we must extend the maps selection, and mix old maps and new maps for a good presentation of shootmania.

What's your opinion about World Cup Mappack ?

(sorry my english is poor I'm french)
quadkillgod

Post by quadkillgod »

I agree.
I think a system like CPS Season#2 would have been nice where they used a mix of old and new maps. The good thing was you couldnt ban all the new maps as you were forced to play at least 1 new map every match.

On the other hand, it's good to see some new maps, but that doesnt mean that all old maps were bad.
I would have definately kept : Versace ( Probably the best designed map ), Spitfire ( a grass map ) and Treasure Island because I' ve always been a fan of that particular map.

I also dont like the quality of the proposed maps as most of them are made by people who never ever played Elite on a decent level.

It's hard to create 1 good map, but somehow you (?) chose to create 9 complete new good maps which just sounds impossible :D
lebossnico1001

Post by lebossnico1001 »

I played yesterday some maps and some are really great (Chevalair, the 2 maps of Xirdark,etc...) but some are...like... ehm, do you know how to map ? (Just so you know, I'm a really bad in mapping)

Depend if they are anough map with a karma >50-60

But yeah, that can be a good idea but we have to force player to play the new maps (if not, I'm pretty sure they will ban the new everytime)
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

I think chevaliar is the best map of the 9 maps actually in the mappack.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Nadeo said that the maps have to be new for the world cup as far as I know (I could be wrong).
But I also do remember that it would have been possible to take remakes of the old maps. Like there already are a lot of versions of maps like Rust or Paladin. But nobody built any remakes of the old maps. well, too bad. :P
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

I posted a message in the Paragon forums to precise that you can also use some old maps already approved as great competitive ones to compose the mappack. Having historical maps and fresh maps can be a fun balanced mappack for the competition.
I will edit the announcement by adding this information.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

It's a nice annoucement, but if Paragon doesn't want extend the period of submisson we can't add any map. I think you need to speak with paragon HeadStaff, because for us their job about the mappack is over and the nine maps will be decide at the 11 september and the choice is between 18 new maps. We can't do nothing :/

However the period of the submission maps was too short and has no visibility, I think we must extend the period of submission for better work on new maps or more maps add (with old maps).

EDIT : I see rust, versace and valley of damned is add to the poll, it's a very good news thanks !
lebossnico1001

Post by lebossnico1001 »

Looks like some people are back from holidays uh ? :DDDD

Thanks for the rectification about old maps. As I said on discord,adding only 3 old maps to the poll is a good idea. If these 3 maps pass, team who want to play the new one can easely ban 1,2 or the 3 maps
plopp

Post by plopp »

lebossnico1001 wrote:Thanks for the rectification about old maps. As I said on discord,adding only 3 old maps to the poll is a good idea. If these 3 maps pass, team who want to play the new one can easely ban 1,2 or the 3 maps
4 maps would make more sense then. In a bo3 that would make sure that a team that dislikes all the new maps will at least get 1 old map.

Adding 1 more old map to the vote wouldn't hurt since it's up to the majority if it even makes it into the mappack.

Return to “Multiplayer”