Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Questions and answers

Post by TMarc »

After all the experiences here, with TM, TMN, TMUF and TM2, I fear that all TMN/TMU(F)-Stadium players will never switch to TM2, even if it should be entirely free.
They don't want to lose their ranking there.

Nadeo could attract more players with a new astonishing and unprecedent environment.
With the driving issues for "normal players" in Turbo-Lagoon, I doubt that TM²-Lagoon this would be that kind of booster.

Besides this, Nadeo promised to work again more on Shootmania.

About QM we better do not talk at all ;)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Hmm... looks like you are not happy, whatever they do :?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah, we need more peopel who do care :thumbsup:
Demented

Post by Demented »

I care about MP, heck I love Trackmania... maybe a bit too much, and as a result I often find myself very frustrated in waiting so long for new content. I've refrained from replying to many of the posts made recently because my feelings about what is being released are mixed and I really don't like negative comments. However, truth be told, I am equally as frustrated with the past few years updates and releases as I am excited about what I see that should be coming soon. When I saw Lagoon over a year ago I got really excited about it, but I'm still waiting to play it in TM². Same with any new blocks for the other environments. Don't get me wrong. I still have a lot of faith in the future of MP, and new content that will likely be coming, but it feels to me like they may be trying to do too many things with too small a team and it's causing a lag in release times.
"When one tries to cover everything it becomes nearly impossible to cover any one thing well".
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
novationx

Post by novationx »

Demented wrote:I care about MP, heck I love Trackmania... maybe a bit too much, and as a result I often find myself very frustrated in waiting so long for new content. I've refrained from replying to many of the posts made recently because my feelings about what is being released are mixed and I really don't like negative comments. However, truth be told, I am equally as frustrated with the past few years updates and releases as I am excited about what I see that should be coming soon. When I saw Lagoon over a year ago I got really excited about it, but I'm still waiting to play it in TM². Same with any new blocks for the other environments. Don't get me wrong. I still have a lot of faith in the future of MP, and new content that will likely be coming, but it feels to me like they may be trying to do too many things with too small a team and it's causing a lag in release times.
"When one tries to cover everything it becomes nearly impossible to cover any one thing well".
+1

focus on a small project! release it! Then again, NADEO confirmed they know this and would do things differently in the future.

The problem is : they always talk about future future future. I wonder when 'future' becomes 'now' :)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Sunspinx

Post by Sunspinx »

What i mean is, we the players have years learned better and better to drive ... and then comes Nadeo and says forget it, here is a new Trackmania ! I think thats a mistake, they can add new stuff but without to forget the old stuff. Or go you in school and after 10 years says your teacher forget it ??? :mrgreen:
I don't know, it's the mystery bug that unfix itself alone :mrgreen:
tcq

Post by tcq »

Sunspinx wrote:Or go you in school and after 10 years says your teacher forget it ??? :mrgreen:
That's what they do in university.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

From page 96 in this topic. March 2015:
eyebo wrote:Does ManiaPlanet support 4K and 5K monitors? And if not, is support planned?

I don't have a 4K monitor yet, but my next PC will have one. I'd prefer to play ManiaPlanet games at native resolution if possible.
Hylis wrote:I think that 'yes' it supports 4K but I don't have a screen to test ^_^
eyebo wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Hylis. :thumbsup:
I'll let you know if I buy one and if I run into problems playing at native resolution.
I finally got a 32" UHD monitor. Also upgraded to a GTX 1080 and overclocked my i7 2600K from 3.4Ghz to 4.7Ghz. ManiaPlanet is running great and looking amazing. It runs around 120fps on maxed out settings at 3840x2160. Can't wait to see how it'll perform in MP4. There's something very immersive about sitting at arms-length from a 32" LCD with that much detail and racing around on Canyon maps.
:3

I also played TMUF at 3840x2160. And despite it being an older game, it never looked better!
80fps in Coast with everything maxed, including Complex shadows. Turning shadows down to Very High doubled the framerate to 160fps.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

Wow, that sounds impressive. I may have to think about upgrading my system again sometime this year.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
tcq

Post by tcq »

Demented wrote:Wow, that sounds impressive. I may have to think about upgrading my system again sometime this year.
Soon there will be new CPUs from AMD, codename ryzen, which will hopefully have a good performance/cost, as well as a new GPU series later this year, codename vega. If this two will perform well, they should be a good buy,else they will at least force intel/nvidia to adjust their market prices a little bit :)
I'm thinking about upgrading end of this/beginning of next year.

Return to “Maniaplanet”