PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

toffe

PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by toffe »

Please add your suggestions right here.
:pop:
Xymph

Re: Suggestion topic

Post by Xymph »

:thumbsup: :clap:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
HaagseSmurf

Re: PyPlanet Suggestion topic

Post by HaagseSmurf »

:1010 :thumbsup:
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
zocka

Post by zocka »

Especially for these early testing stages I could imagine some button or command to report an issue where we can get information like controller and plugin versions to mention in the issue. I think it is likely for players to encounter bugs while playing on a server without having a local version to check which software version is installed. (e.g. I just saw some things I would have reported but then wasn't sure if this is already fixed and I honestly don't want to setup my own server to check if I can reproduce it)
manialink minigame shatter
my manialink: zockaml
my maniaflash: maniaflash?zocka
toffe

Post by toffe »

zocka wrote: 10 May 2017, 17:42 Especially for these early testing stages I could imagine some button or command to report an issue where we can get information like controller and plugin versions to mention in the issue. I think it is likely for players to encounter bugs while playing on a server without having a local version to check which software version is installed. (e.g. I just saw some things I would have reported but then wasn't sure if this is already fixed and I honestly don't want to setup my own server to check if I can reproduce it)
Thanks for this entry. So far we have one button in-game with our logo, linking to the website. You are right, it's not yet clear how or where to report issues. In fact, most issues that will occur gets fixed anyway because we receive exception reports.

For all the issues that can not be reported, such as UI fails or some misbehavior it would be great to have a message or something popup sometimes, or have a button indeed. I'll add this suggestion to our github repo, thanks :)
Tobirousch

Post by Tobirousch »

I just laid my hands on pyplanet and installed/configured it for one of my servers. I have to say the documentation is nice and verry detailed. As a full-windows-user I wanted to note something though. Just looking at the documentation at first I understood almost 0. finding out what of the steps are needed for windows and which are not already took me atleast a bit. Also everything looked so complicated when in reality it's just a few steps. maybe seperate windows/linux installation and make more clear that the virtual environment is just an optional thing. It would've made me installing pyplanet earlier =)
toffe

Post by toffe »

Tobirousch wrote: 15 May 2017, 10:19 I just laid my hands on pyplanet and installed/configured it for one of my servers. I have to say the documentation is nice and verry detailed. As a full-windows-user I wanted to note something though. Just looking at the documentation at first I understood almost 0. finding out what of the steps are needed for windows and which are not already took me atleast a bit. Also everything looked so complicated when in reality it's just a few steps. maybe seperate windows/linux installation and make more clear that the virtual environment is just an optional thing. It would've made me installing pyplanet earlier =)
Thanks for your suggestion. It's kind of hard for us to fully imagine what our end-users will go through when setting up. Some operating system distrubitions (specially linux) require special instructions.
You are completely right about splitting the docs into two setup parts. We are also looking into creating Docker ready compose files for making it even more simple to most users (and easy to manage/update).

I've created a issue/todo item for this: https://github.com/PyPlanet/PyPlanet/issues/240

Thanks for giving it a shot,
Toffe
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

I think it's not present in the current version of PyP, but integrating a link to the MX track page would be cool. Makes it easier to download, comment and award tracks I've driven online.
toffe

Post by toffe »

rachovolker wrote: 17 May 2017, 14:17 I think it's not present in the current version of PyP, but integrating a link to the MX track page would be cool. Makes it easier to download, comment and award tracks I've driven online.
Racho,
Thanks for this suggestion, it's a good feature to implement.
I've added an issue on our roadmap: https://github.com/PyPlanet/PyPlanet/issues/253

Toffe
Nene.

Post by Nene. »

Hi !

I think it would be great to add a live rankings with average time ! For internal qualification in team for example :)

Néné

Return to “PyPlanet”