ManiaPlanet 4 update disaster !!!

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: ManiaPlanet 4 update disaster !!!

Post by Demented »

There are some bugs a glitches still but things are being worked out. I too find some things that need reworked frustrating but after taking some time to get things updated and configured properly this new version of MP is so much better. I think it is definitely worth taking the time to update and get things working.
Some advice though:
I didn't lose anything when updating but - Back up your cars, maps, items and other important things before updating. This is something I do regularly anyway and is a good thing to make a regular habit of.
Graphics issues:
I have a nvidia card and also had extreme framerate loss a couldn't figure out why (and shouldn't with the card I have) but found for some reason Nvidia and MP were both trying to process the graphics at the same time. I don't know why, but when I forced one to ignore the other I now can run everything at highest settings and get no lag at all. (Even in Valley maps loaded with forest trees!)
Overall:
There are few issues with this new version but I think taking the time to get through them does yield a much nicer game and I'm sure these things will be worked out in time. Keep in mind many people have been after Nadeo to improve many of these things for some time now (like the landing bug in Stadium) but Nadeo knew fixing some issues would create new ones and thus has held off until now. In the long run it will be a much better game. I plan to be patient. In a month or so most of these issues should be ironed out.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
tomeqf

Post by tomeqf »

Demented wrote: 15 May 2017, 15:41 (...)when I forced one to ignore the other(...)
How do you do that?
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'll try to help but I'm not the best person to explain this. I've never fully understood the best way to configure things.
(I would love to see a list sometime of different graphics settings and their advantages and "weight" on performance.)
This is what I did but I'm not sure I'd recommend doing this unless you know how to undo it if it doesn't help and to be honest I don't really even know why this worked better for me than letting the launcher control things.

Please take note of your settings before trying this.
This tells Nvidia to ignore the settings of a specified program:

Open Nvidia Control Panel;
Under "3D Settings";
Select; "Adjust Image settings with preview",
Tick the "Use the advanced 3D image settings" instead of "let the 3D application decide",

Under "3D Settings";
Select "Manage 3D settings";
Select the tab "Program settings";
Under "1. Select a program to customize";
click the "Add" button and find the "ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe";
Don't forget to click "apply" when you are done.

There is probably a better way to set things up and if someone wants to jump in with better solutions I would be happy to hear them. I don't claim to be very knowledgeable in this sort of thing. :)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Blatozor

Post by Blatozor »

Megachip wrote: 10 May 2017, 18:15 Personal I've lost Storm and Valley. At seems I have to pay for cars for which I've allready paid.
Not sure if I lost stations too.

The rest seems still there (configuration etc)
Same issue. Less stations than before update (at least 3 stations missing), have to repaid for some cars.
For title pack from the community (not NADEO ones) all medals has been simply removed, it's like i never played on it, all progression lost. :shock:
tcq

Post by tcq »

Blatozor wrote: 21 May 2017, 23:55 For title pack from the community (not NADEO ones) all medals has been simply removed, it's like i never played on it, all progression lost. :shock:
But that has to do with records being invalidated in MP4.0 due to slightly changes in the car physics which affects every track (Nadeo and user made ones).
sk4ter

Post by sk4ter »

pfff... got a really simple computer, and i had never problems with mp3.
now since the new update i hav a may of 25 fps..

someone know how to get higer fps? i need to drive wars, and cant do it like this.

Return to “Maniaplanet”