Will bought TM2 environments expire when maniaplanet 5 is out?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

rizu

Will bought TM2 environments expire when maniaplanet 5 is out?

Post by rizu »

In the recent events, I've lost my trust on Nadeo and also due to the serious lack of transparency I'm now worried about the future plans for Trackmania 2. Since we customers can't assume anything reasonable (without getting bashed by some enthusiastic community members for having some unrealistic expectations), I'm not assuming anymore that my bought TM2 environments will work once you roll out your next version of the MP.

So, my question is, since you limited free beta TM2 Lagoon (for those few who could actually get it) to Maniaplanet 4 only, does this also apply to all paid TM2 licenses? Will my TM2 Canyon, TM2 Valley, TM2 Stadium "expire" silently without any warning when Maniaplanet 5 gets out?

I'm not personally worried about TM2 Lagoon expiring as that doesn't concern me now or in the future for obvious reasons, but I want people to know what they are getting into if they buy any TM2 environment today.
endbase

Re: Will bought TM2 environments expire when maniaplanet 5 is out?

Post by endbase »

Personaly I think it's an good thing to buy future versions they have to cover up the expensives don't they :pil
iamajellydonut

Post by iamajellydonut »

rizu wrote: 26 May 2017, 10:05 In the recent events, I've lost my trust on Nadeo and also due to the serious lack of transparency I'm now worried about the future plans for Trackmania 2. Since we customers can't assume anything reasonable (without getting bashed by some enthusiastic community members for having some unrealistic expectations), I'm not assuming anymore that my bought TM2 environments will work once you roll out your next version of the MP.

So, my question is, since you limited free beta TM2 Lagoon (for those few who could actually get it) to Maniaplanet 4 only, does this also apply to all paid TM2 licenses? Will my TM2 Canyon, TM2 Valley, TM2 Stadium "expire" silently without any warning when Maniaplanet 5 gets out?

I'm not personally worried about TM2 Lagoon expiring as that doesn't concern me now or in the future for obvious reasons, but I want people to know what they are getting into if they buy any TM2 environment today.
I share your concerns. When asking questions about the Lagoon beta, a lot of the answers I got from people who I assume are part of the Nadeo team weren't nearly as straightforward as they should have been, or they were even straight-up vague. I also hear tell that the the free copy of Lagoon for ManiaPlanet for closed beta testers might eventually expire. That would very much upset me, considering Nadeo was unclear about an eventual expiration date when they announced the closed beta. Maybe it's because Nadeo is based in France, and English isn't their primary language. But I can't exactly say that things like TrackMania Turbo and Nadeo's insistence on continuing to distribute all the TM2 environments in separate overpriced packages instead of bundling them all in a single reasonably priced package like TM United are positively affecting my trust in them.

I care deeply about TrackMania. But I'm getting worried that Nadeo cares about financial gain more.
Last edited by iamajellydonut on 26 May 2017, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
tcq

Post by tcq »

I know that you are grieving because you are not getting lagoon for free for eternity. But this? Seriously?
Coincidence that you joined this forum just two days ago? I Guess you are probably the same person making a ruckus on reddit about this. Congratulations, you are the second person on this forum that gets the honour to receive a place on my black list.
iamajellydonut

Post by iamajellydonut »

tcq wrote: 26 May 2017, 11:42 I know that you are grieving because you are not getting lagoon for free for eternity. But this? Seriously?
Coincidence that you joined this forum just two days ago? I Guess you are probably the same person making a ruckus on reddit about this. Congratulations, you are the second person on this forum that gets the honour to receive a place on my black list.
I think this was a huge missed opportunity for reconciliation on Nadeo's part. Turbo was VERY unpopular among a lot of long-time TrackMania fans. Why not give the people who spent $40 on a game they hated a product they might actually like for free, especially if said product was part of the $40 game?
I don't know about you, but that would definitely earn Nadeo back a lot of their lost trust from me.
rizu

Post by rizu »

tcq wrote: 26 May 2017, 11:42But this? Seriously?
Coincidence that you joined this forum just two days ago? I Guess you are probably the same person making a ruckus on reddit about this.
You already started the bashing on the other thread, do everyone a favor and don't start it again on this thread so Nadeo staff don't have to lock this thread also.

And no, I'm not the same person as the one who made the reddit thread, if you had actually read my posts you'd see that I've never accused Nadeo for lying.

So, please stay on topic. I genuinely want to hear a straight up answer for the question I made, we don't need to hear you mocking people again, so please just... stop (it's completely pointless and just bad behavior).
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

rizu wrote: 26 May 2017, 10:05So, my question is, since you limited free beta TM2 Lagoon (for those few who could actually get it) to Maniaplanet 4 only, does this also apply to all paid TM2 licenses? Will my TM2 Canyon, TM2 Valley, TM2 Stadium "expire" silently without any warning when Maniaplanet 5 gets out?
Noboby knows. Even Hylis. He wrote he don't know when and even if MP5 will arrive one day.
What we learned from Hylis and experience is : TM is a "free to stay" game. Nadeo made many updates in the past and players haven't pay anything :thx: . Tm Turbo is a different story, like a parallel world. It's not Maniaplanet.

If we think about only Tm2, we saw at least 2 free updates for Canyon (sequoia and tunnel roads blocks update and now tubes), 1 for Valley (trains, castle, etc). We got also new title like Platform. So past learn us Maniaplanet is more than a "free to stay", it's also a "free to stay and update". :thx:

My guess is TM will stay a game "free to stay". I wish it will be also a "free to update" game (with new payement for new environments). But it's a wish only and i am sure you know difference between wish and promise ;)

And nobody can promise you what you want to read. Even a lifetime warranty for a product is limited. It's 99 years...

I think you get now the answer and it's useless to open many topics with almost the same questions. So maybe this topic can be locked... For 99 years or less :mrgreen:
chti44

Post by chti44 »

yes bad feed back or bad question will be close .....seems to be the news rules here's :clap: :clap:
iamajellydonut

Post by iamajellydonut »

chti44 wrote: 26 May 2017, 22:30 yes bad feed back or bad question will be close .....seems to be the news rules here's :clap: :clap:
This is an unfortunate trend among game developers apparently. Overkill and Tripwire did this for a while, but they at least made some attempts to reconcile with their respective communities. Maybe the same with happen with Nadeo. Ideally, it would be better if Nadeo didn't have an irrational out-lashing phase at all. But what can you do?
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

There are not bad or good questions / answers / feedbacks. But as we can see there is bad or good spirit.

With constructive spirit we can build nice players and creators communities. And we don't need to reconcile community and Nadeo because our relationship is very friendly and productive (fun moments, great creator stuff, etc) for a long while. I don't like also when people want to talk for the community. Nobody can say he represents the community. Because TM community is multiple. My positive voice or Tcq one here (and many others in otehr topics) are supporting Nadeo work :thx: We are also the community and I don't want Nadeo people read only unfair rage comments. Take a breath ;)

I think also it would be good to lock this topic because it's a bad spirit one (and positive players don't have time to answer systematically to this kind of topic). Also because I think I offered a understandable answer to a non constructive question. In fact here there is not really a question in this topic but just a way to create a contreversy. It's not fun, it's not fair and it "cost" Nadeo and Hylis time for nothing. I prefer much more if they use their time to create games or to explain us their passion.

Return to “Trackmania 2”