Changes of Laps.Script.txt requested

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

chekov

Re: Changes of Laps.Script.txt requested

Post by chekov »

SyntaxError99 wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 04:20
chekov wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 16:48 The Widget in the middel below the counting of the cp's stops allready after a few cp's (1 lap). It doesnt count the finish and than it stops.
You are right. Hadn't noticed that. You could try to download the upcoming version from github.com and see if it has been fixed:
https://github.com/undeflabs/UASECO/archive/master.zip
My server is hosted by NC1. Is it possible to install the new version on this server? Or is it sufficient to change some files?
chekov

Post by chekov »

And just one more question. Where do I have to config to get a Warmup with only 1 lap? I tried so many things in the modescript-settings.xml, but it doesnt work. I also tried the match settings file but nothing.
Tavernicole

Post by Tavernicole »

Good question, I have the same issue. The value of the warmup seems to be a multiple of the race time, not of the lap time.

For instance, if the race consists of five 30 seconds laps (2 mn 30 if I'm right), setting the warmup value to 1,2,3, etc causes the warmup to run for 2:30, 5:00, 7:30, etc instead of 0:30, 1:00, 1:30, etc.
ヅわ てavernicole
- Team Chameaux -
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

WarmUp is always the full multilap map, so if the author have set it to 5 laps, then you have to drive 1 WarmUp = 5 laps (IMAO). Dunno if that was a different behavior in MP3 or TM1.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
chekov

Post by chekov »

undef.de wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 20:15 WarmUp is always the full multilap map, so if the author have set it to 5 laps, then you have to drive 1 WarmUp = 5 laps (IMAO). Dunno if that was a different behavior in MP3 or TM1.
And there is no possibility to change this?

How about my first question - how could I install the new version from github on NC1? The working widget would be very nice.

EDIT:
I tryed to skipp the WU with the adminpanel ingame. But it doesnt work. I could not skipp the WU. I could just skipp the whole map. I think, this is a bug, is'nt it?
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

chekov wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:56
undef.de wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 20:15 WarmUp is always the full multilap map, so if the author have set it to 5 laps, then you have to drive 1 WarmUp = 5 laps (IMAO). Dunno if that was a different behavior in MP3 or TM1.
And there is no possibility to change this?
I have no clue, I didn't test Laps.Script.txt very much yet. You may ask this nadeo.
chekov wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:56 How about my first question - how could I install the new version from github on NC1? The working widget would be very nice.
That's also a question I can not answer, you may ask this NC1.
chekov wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:56 EDIT:
I tryed to skipp the WU with the adminpanel ingame. But it doesnt work. I could not skipp the WU. I could just skipp the whole map. I think, this is a bug, is'nt it?
I'll need to check this, but maybe it's a "bug" of the ModeScript?! Added to the todo list.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

As far as I know, the warmup settings in UASECO just override the ones from the dedicated server.

In config/modescript_settings.xml in the laps section, set warm_up_duration to 0 and warm_up_laps to 1 to get about 1 lap of warmup (warmup time will be calculated automatically based on the length of the map):

<laps>
<!-- Duration of the warm up phase in rounds (e.g. '20' for 20 secounds warm up, set to '-1' to disable a warm up timer -->
<warm_up_duration>0</warm_up_duration>

<!-- Number of warm up, set to '0' to disable or to '2' for two warum up rounds -->
<warm_up_number>1</warm_up_number>
</laps>
It is missing in the description, that's all.
chekov

Post by chekov »

undef.de wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 09:18
I'll need to check this, but maybe it's a "bug" of the ModeScript?! Added to the todo list.
SyntaxError99 wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 16:12
Wow! I Think it works.

Many Thanks to You SyntaxError 99 and You Undef for Your help!

One last question:
Is it possible to set the locals back to locals per lap instead of the whole map or is this eventually planed for the next UASECO release?
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

SyntaxError99 wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 16:12 As far as I know, the warmup settings in UASECO just override the ones from the dedicated server.

In config/modescript_settings.xml in the laps section, set warm_up_duration to 0 and warm_up_laps to 1 to get about 1 lap of warmup (warmup time will be calculated automatically based on the length of the map):

I think you mean <force_laps_number> (and not <warm_up_laps>)... and it's in the description at config/modescript_settings.xml.

EDIT
chekov wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 19:55 Is it possible to set the locals back to locals per lap instead of the whole map or is this eventually planed for the next UASECO release?
No, that's how Laps.Script.txt and UASECO works, local records per lap are only possible with TimeAttack.Script.txt.

SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

chekov wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 19:55 Is it possible to set the locals back to locals per lap instead of the whole map or is this eventually planed for the next UASECO release?
Not lap locals but this will give you lap dedis. I hope undef will integrate it into a future version.

Return to “UASECO”