Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Find all the medias (videos/artwork/wallpapers and more) created by the Maniaplanet Community as well as the events organized by them and the CHANNELS information!

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Will there be a Hello Planet #8?

Post by Hylis »

Three phases ahead with only some months in between : updates, announcement and releases. So, IF things goes well, we should stay much more connected.

We want to make MP, TM and SM great successes before anything else. Only then we can try to do the same for QM which is my best wish for my quest in video games.
hackie

Post by hackie »

Hylis wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 20:26 Three phases ahead with only some months in between : updates, announcement and releases. So, IF things goes well, we should stay much more connected.

We want to make MP, TM and SM great successes before anything else. Only then we can try to do the same for QM which is my best wish for my quest in video games.
:1010

Thanks for youre answer, nice to see you here again.
You should write comments more often ^^.

:thumbsup:
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

Hylis wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 20:26We want to make MP, TM and SM great successes before anything else. Only then we can try to do the same for QM which is my best wish for my quest in video games.
Seems promising!
Let's wait to see what will happen after next update(s) :)
/\rkady
bern

Post by bern »

This smells to me of some important novelty that already exists in the market and improvements in the programming.

Virtual reality glasses? :shock:
new facilities for programming? :roflol:

As you can observe ,,,,, whoever uses the new programming tools of MP? ,,, and I am not prepared myself, a special course is needed.

Design of blocks in MP4 and SM, another case that we manufacture we use external tools because the ones that maniaplanet takes are difficult to use.
To be able to use the same blocks of a title in several different titles? this would be another important novelty.

I could describe many more .....
but what most fails and needs help is in the subject of programming, I think that in the entire system of the game does not reach 1% people who know how to write codes.

In any case, they are very good news and we await you with anxiety.
a cordial greeting :thumbsup:
OrecaShadow

Post by OrecaShadow »

I was always thinking of the possibility to create a system which would decrease lod over distance by a lot, allowing to create even bigger maps.

Right now the only way to break the borders in all envis is openplanet, but it cant break the border of performance<mapsize
Demented

Post by Demented »

Whatever is coming, I'm always excited to see it. :thumbsup:
Things like the introductions of a semi-official ghost block mode and in game item editor in MP4 have moved the game forward in a way which really lets users expand their imaginations as to what can be created. I've really enjoyed these recent "onlockings of limitations" and look forward to whatever is next. :clap:
My guess is that there may be things that can't be updated yet because they are linked to features yet to come, and that makes sense to me.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Again an update ... ?

I am quite sceptic. Previous ones were resulting in an interface less and less friendly where the access to the game was needing too many steps / validations processes.... This is a game, not a software for a company !!!

Okay, ManiaScript, dedicated servers and other editors are real advantages of ManiaPlanet. But as said previously, a special training seems necessary for being able to handle them. Even motivated people are giving up due to the too many difficulties for doing anything.

So, please ... ease the accessibility of Maniaplanet prior to anything ^^
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
Miss

Post by Miss »

Nadeo has already said that they will overhaul the entire UI in Maniaplanet 5. Hopefully that's something we get to see soon!
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Miss wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 14:22 Nadeo has already said that they will overhaul the entire UI in Maniaplanet 5. Hopefully that's something we get to see soon!
I hope also, the Nadeo games are very good, if it wasn't the case there should not be so many players still coming despite the interface.

As we say : Wait and see :thumbsup:

Ps : If I am severe against this interface, this also because I love TrackMania and ShootMania. And this is due to a huge work from Nadeo :thx:
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Please don't rework the UI AGAIN

It's a waste of resources. I simply can't understand why people think that the UI is so bad. It has improved sooo much. Yes, it has some flaws and I would like to have a more simpler, clean product... but just by thinking of "overhauling the entire UI", I just imagine the huge amount of work behind this. This time can be used for other more important stuff! For example Shootmania Cryo :mrgreen:

Return to “Community / Events / CHANNELS”