[MP4][Example] Using Web Services with Symfony framework

Maniaplanet public API, ManiaConnect system and the open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

askuri

[MP4][Example] Using Web Services with Symfony framework

Post by askuri »

Symfony is a framework to make website (even Manialink) development faster, more secure and organized compared to starting from scratch. However it's a bit difficult to learn it. Even worse if you want to use the Maniaplanet Webservices.

I found myself in exactly that struggle (getting started with Symfony and WS at the same time). Fortunately (and thanks to the help of Toffe!) I created an example implementation of the WS in Symfony. It is not yet complete but you're free to extend it and contribute your improvements. As I'm still a beginner with Symfony also, someone of the advanced guys might take a look at it.

:arrow: Download and contribute on Github: https://github.com/askuri/maniaplanet-oauth-symfony
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [MP4][Example] Using Web Services with Symfony framework

Post by magnetik »

Nice work! :thumbsup:

As a side note we provide an implementation using phpleague's oauth client : https://github.com/maniaplanet/oauth2-maniaplanet
But it's more work to use than the oauth2-client-bundle you are using.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
askuri

Re: [MP4][Example] Using Web Services with Symfony framework

Post by askuri »

Thank you.
I was thinking the same way but I didn't manage to integrate league's client into symfony. In fact, the bundle I used from knpu is doing exactly doing that job. So I can't imagine a way to use your league provider in symfony, while having full integration into symfonys security bundle. If there is a way, please tell me and I will update it.
Also I'm still looking for a way to publish the 4 mandatory classes (see Readme on github) on packagist/composer, while keeping the functionality. How to package it in order to keep it working.

Return to “Maniaplanet Web Services”