Official list of Nadeo's work

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

JakJak

Official list of Nadeo's work

Post by JakJak »

Hello

I propose this idea to Nadeo, which was given to me on the Admin TM/Sm server by Monk9443

Title : 'Official list of nadeo's work'

the idea is simple:

1: Would it be possible to add on this forum (a static post) made by nadeo
2 Add to Discord (a special channel)
Nadeo could create a non-exhaustive list of all the problems he works on, fixes them in real time:
(what he has already solved what he is solving)

This makes you do an extra job,
It seems to me mandatory to include it for the following reasons:

1: Will allow the public to see in real time the progress of nadeo work (no need for players to ask for this or that point)

2: this would allow to see if the big problems raised by the players are taken into account for future updates.

3: it will allow to better understand and to see more simply, the direction that nadeo is taking for these TM/SM Games

Thank you for reading me. ;)
Pc : Asus G55VW / Intel i7-3630QM / GPU: Gtx 660m / Ram: 32go / x64 / Windows 10 Pro / display : 1366x768
Web Site : https://www.jak-jak.net/
TMarc

Re: Official list of Nadeo's work

Post by TMarc »

This was requested many times already, and always rejected.
Nadeo has an internal list of work items and priorities etc. but they won't disclose it. Never ever...

Perhaps they will reconsider, but I really doubt it :lol:

Besides this, for every new version, they at least give a list of most important things and fixes already here in the forum,
for both the Maniaplanet client and the dedicated server.
Miss

Post by Miss »

It doesn't really make sense to do publicly. At most, they'll write once they're working on a thing and then write some other time they're still working on a thing but also a secret thing they can't talk about. It just makes progress seem even slower than it really is.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

https://fix.pubg.com/ <= something like this is okay, but really fixing this.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

It's very sad,
Nadeo can all just not disclose the secret things, but put publicly what he's working on right now. ( this would allow them to be ahead of other video games)

Answer: TMarc
If this has been rejected many times, nadeo has these reasons certainly, but it does not create a direct exchange with the communities and the creators of the video game.
many other games create a public communication with their updates on which they work, in order to create a real listening on the players' requests.
the list during the updates is interesting yes but not enough to know if the requests

Answer Miss:

it's that your feeling, yes, it takes time to fix the problems of a game.
In fact this would bring a stable relationship with the creator and the players' requests, so as not to be surprised by bad or good fixes during updates.

Answer rots :
this idea seems really good, simple understandable.

General Response :
This can create impatience for the players, you have to see it as a good thing ;)
Pc : Asus G55VW / Intel i7-3630QM / GPU: Gtx 660m / Ram: 32go / x64 / Windows 10 Pro / display : 1366x768
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Apparently you don't know much about the history of the development and of the communication by Nadeo.

In early phases they had told about stuff in development, e.g. some Shootmania features, and when the implementation was delayed, never done at all, or not like the players had silently expected, there was nearly like a flame or shit war here in the forums.
Since then the Nadeo team is very very careful with announcing things.

And a public visible feature or bug list would reveal much to much internals.
Regular players don't need that information anyways. And Maniaplanet base engine is not to be developed or maintained by the "community".

Some things we simply have to accept, and be patient.
This does not mean that we should stop submitting bug findings or new requests ;)
Monk9443

Post by Monk9443 »

People, you're all taking this conversation the wrong way. And i understand from the way it is presented, but there is still an issue that needs to be talked about.

Submitting bugs should be a two way interaction, well better to say three-way even if it is not.
Firstly a bug report template should exist somewhere, and when i say template i do mean a real template not just tagging a forum post with an annotation.
The template should be easy to fill in, and of course, the bug should be reproducable.
This is where the "third" person comes in, someone other then the user who has posted the bug needs to be able to reproduce it.
(if the game was as popular as back in the day, many people would be required to reproduce the issue, but since we have like 4 people you cannot ask for much)

Then official recognition needs to happen, i know this sounds silly, but for developers it is really important to know the weak points of their applications. Some small bugs can indeed require a lot of time to fix, and some are just a waste of time, but having them all in a list, and that list being recognized should be done.

Now, of course it is too late for this to make any meaningful impact, but if anything is to be improved, correct small steps need to be taken.

Oh and a few more things, bug list should be that, a bug list, no features, no stories, no tasks, no nothing, only stuff that is broken or isn't doing what it's supposed to.
And an issue tracker was more me going to an extreme, that is easy and cheap to do, it is not ment as a real solution but more as a quick ice pack, and i didn't take it too literaly, of course no one would have access to internal issue tracker, there can be a lot of sensitive info there
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Hi
+1 Monk

Answer to tmarc :

I don't know much about communicating nadeo's past, that's true.

But it allows me to bring other ideas here.

Can it matter the past, can it matter the result, can it matter the time of the modifications, can it matter the time of the modifications, can it matter the problem or an important update, can it matter the active or not active people, can it matter the problems with the community or on the forum.

Nadeo it is necessary to communicate their information in an official way, for his games to warn these players and know in which direction they are going and this does not matter the consequences.

This brings about a two-way communication.

We are no longer in 2003, we are in 2018.
More and more developers (software games, etc.) are getting closer and closer to the demands of the members (players) and come through simple organizations (ergonomics, visual, practical, harmony) to do it without problems. especially because the internal interaction is simple and efficient.

Take the discord developer, for example. (even if they differ from a video game) the design of their communication and very interesting when analyzed well.

Even if our opinions are different, please suggest this prerogative to the nadeo team.
Thx. ;)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Nadeo team is always reading :)
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

Is it possible to have a nadeo answer ?
directly or indirectly?

Thx

Return to “Maniaplanet”