Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
eyebo
Translator
Translator
Posts: 3007
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 12:01
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by eyebo » 16 Nov 2018, 15:55

Thanks for this new update! :3 :3 :3

The changelog is quite good, but perhaps I noted some things not there...

Just a few of the new things in 4.1 that I love:
- Custom Blocks! Basically items with clips. This opens up a wealth of possibilities!
- Mesh Modeler - Refined interface with Layers and other new stuff!
- Custom waypoints. Now we can make our own!
- Automatically generate thumbnails for blocks. This saves so much time.
- TMU cars!!! A dream come true! Looking forward to how this evolution affects the game.
- Local Records in Channels. More reason to play the same program over and over!
- Map Ratings in Channels. Great for program creators to get feedback and manage.
- New UI for Channels and the Store. Looking good!
- New settings menu, with a color scheme picker. I love it!
- New chat interface. It actually works! It also looks great!
- New "servers with friends" area. Convenient to see where your buddies are playing.
- Skip by multiple pages in file browsers. Less clicking!
- Map Editor: Dialog about how much space is taken by embedded objects
- Map Editor: Sign picker dialog is much smaller. This is so awesome!!!
- Map Editor: Use a start block with a multilap block
- Map Editor: Ability to snap cars to custom starts and checkpoints when using test drive mode.
- Website: See how many buddy slots are used and whether I need to buy more.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

User avatar
Demented
Posts: 2126
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 13:17
Location: United States

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Demented » 16 Nov 2018, 16:14

Thats Cool 320x.jpg
Really Cool Stuff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

User avatar
xrayjay
Posts: 1456
Joined: 29 Aug 2010, 14:19

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by xrayjay » 16 Nov 2018, 16:49

:thumbsup: :thx:
gj nadeo peoples :thx: :clap:

Equilibrium
Posts: 64
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:38
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Equilibrium » 16 Nov 2018, 16:53

Forgot a point in the changelog:

- reset all the keybindings/sensitivity settings/interface settings to default for absolutely no fuckin reason

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 1463
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Miss » 16 Nov 2018, 16:56

Equilibrium wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:53
Forgot a point in the changelog:

- reset all the keybindings/sensitivity settings/interface settings to default for absolutely no fuckin reason
Totally unnecessary comment. No need to be hostile about a bug.

Please make a new thread here to report the issue so that the devs can fix it. :thumbsup:
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

Equilibrium
Posts: 64
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:38
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Equilibrium » 16 Nov 2018, 16:58

Miss wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:56
Equilibrium wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:53
Forgot a point in the changelog:

- reset all the keybindings/sensitivity settings/interface settings to default for absolutely no fuckin reason
Totally unnecessary comment. No need to be hostile about a bug.

Please make a new thread here to report the issue so that the devs can fix it. :thumbsup:
It is not a bug, it has been a "feature" of Nadeo updates for many years. And just because someone uses words like "fuckin" that are not aimed at anyone, but are rather used to emphatize their point, their comment is not automatically hostile...
Last edited by Equilibrium on 16 Nov 2018, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 1463
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Miss » 16 Nov 2018, 16:59

Again, unnecessary comment. Like I said, if you report these things, they might actually get fixed in the future.
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

User avatar
Platysynthesis
Posts: 54
Joined: 16 May 2015, 00:43
Location: United States

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Platysynthesis » 16 Nov 2018, 17:01

This update is bangin'!

Though there has always been a glitch in the item editor where skins of custom vehicles don't load... any plans on fixing that?

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 14627
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by TMarc » 16 Nov 2018, 17:03

Equilibrium wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:58
It is not a bug, it has been a "feature" of Nadeo updates for many years. And just because someone uses words like "fuckin" that are not aimed at anyone, but are rather used to emphatize their point, their comment is not automatically hostile...
Still it is neither the language nor the behavior we need here.
And if such changes are "normal" since years, as you say, your recent changelog "addition" was even more unnecessary.

Miss, next time just delete it and send him a nice PM instead :)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

Equilibrium
Posts: 64
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:38
Contact:

Re: Maniaplanet 4.1 Changelogs

Post by Equilibrium » 16 Nov 2018, 17:06

Miss wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:59
Again, unnecessary comment. Like I said, if you report these things, they might actually get fixed in the future.
I am sure this comment will be unnesessary too, but here goes:

This is not some rare bug they don't know about. Every player has it and they have known about it for years as it has been reported with every update.

But to leave with something positive, the netcode seems better. So thats good in the long run while the reset settings are a one time inconvinience.

Post Reply

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests