8 Cheater banned from my Servers. False alert or correct ?

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

BestNoob

8 Cheater banned from my Servers. False alert or correct ?

Post by BestNoob »

Hello,

i recognized that 3 cheaters got banned from my servers after enabling anti cheat feature, i tried to contact those guys but they didnt response to my friend invite so i cannot clearify its false or correct.

I have the TM2 Logins + IP Adress of these Guys loged. And there 4 guys catched not only 3. Found the files and entrys.

@undef is the plugin working correctly ?

Now 8 Players banned i think the anti cheat plugin is buged, but just for the case i collect the logins for later actions :D
Sorry to the guys false banned. I removed you from bannlist you should be able to play on my servers.
Last edited by BestNoob on 01 Jan 2019, 20:19, edited 6 times in total.
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:
undef.de

Re: 3 Cheater banned form my Servers False alert or correct ?

Post by undef.de »

Well, it should because I just rewrote it a little bit what came from XAseco2 and that was working for years now. But you did not add the part of the logfile so we can't be sure.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

undef.de wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 20:28 Well, it should because I just rewrote it a little bit what came from XAseco2 and that was working for years now. But you did not add the part of the logfile so we can't be sure.
Done =)

Is the Global Dedimania Blacklist integrated and used by Uaseco ?

:pop:
i stay patient. If the Anti Cheat works correctly you should enable it as standard, and we should discuss this for the other servercontrollers to.
Because Cheaters destroy the games.
endbase

Post by endbase »

I did not see cheaters in ages :P
Miss

Post by Miss »

In my entire time playing TM2 I have never encountered a cheater online. I know people have seen cheaters back in the days, but I haven't seen anyone lately.

Wasn't there a thread that claimed the anti-cheat in xaseco/uaseco is banning legit players because they are lagging or something? Undef, can you clarify how it works exactly?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

BestNoob wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 21:55 Is the Global Dedimania Blacklist integrated and used by Uaseco ?
The active blacklist is for TMF and not used by UAseco. There was a TM2 blacklist but it hasn't been updated in 4+ years so there's little point in using it, in UAseco or anywhere else.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

Miss wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 10:34 In my entire time playing TM2 I have never encountered a cheater online. I know people have seen cheaters back in the days, but I haven't seen anyone lately.

Wasn't there a thread that claimed the anti-cheat in xaseco/uaseco is banning legit players because they are lagging or something? Undef, can you clarify how it works exactly?
But Miss .. Missi :D ??
When you take a look onto some dedimania times, they cannot be, also with cuts.
Xymph wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 11:27
I see that this will become a HUGHE theme so lets clearify some things for the other people players & server admins.
Would you or should i post this into every Servercontroller (when undef has clearify if it is false or correct detection of this guys)
Because @nadeo should not give Cheaters a place to belong.

1. Facts:

- its a hughe work to clear dedimania and local databse from cheated times
- there were and there are still cheaters in TM & TM2 & SM
- there are older public global bannlists for cheaters http://www.gamers.org/tm2/dedimania_blacklist.txt and http://www.gamers.org/tmf/dedimania_blacklist.txt
- serveradmins can use this files as blacklist URL target ?????
- Bann by IP is useless because they have in time new IPs so all the Server Controllers should be fixed for bann by LOGIN and not bann by IP
- Servercontroller / Server admins should enable Anti Cheat by default and set a global balacklist file as target ?

2. What we can do against CHEATERS in TM1, TM2 and SM

@slig
@xymph

You as Dedimania Masters ^^
Wouldnt it be easy if nadeo and TM Community set the rule that cutting is not allowed ?

So you can create a wipe tool that automaticly delete all cheated Dedimania records (and a tool for local databases)
As example if 1000 Players in 30 Days not get a average time lower than xx.xxx.xxx seconds but one guy is 3 seconds under this
average Time it is a potentional cheater ??!! I mean if 1x guy is under the average time of XXXXXX palyers should be approval or not ?

Maybe you can add a feature that servers send automaticly replays to you or other staffs to check things before they become a perma bann ? ?

If not we need a global Bannlist.
What about Cheaters in Shootmania ?

Just for the Info this IPs got banned by my Servers automaticly by IP. I have the LOGINs inside the Logfiles but i dont know its okay if i make them public or not but as example you can check your own files for this suspect IPs in december 2018:

TM1:
<ipaddress>94.112.126.69</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>93.91.150.9</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>84.164.176.43</ipaddress>

TM2:
<ipaddress>2.80.101.172</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>88.170.11.6</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>109.23.131.6</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>84.3.188.67</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>7.4.233.209:2350</ipaddress>
<ipaddress>7.23.125.166</ipaddress>

May some of you hate me or love me because i bring so much trouble/live into Maniaplanet Community xD
Miss

Post by Miss »

Are you suggesting to ban cutting? :P That's never going to happen; the cut will always exist in the map until the map is updated to fix the cut. And when the map is updated, the map ID changes which clears any records.

If you suspect a dedimania record is cheated, you report it to slig (or other admins, if they exist, honestly I don't know). And, if you want to be sure, you can download the replay and watch it and/or hit the validate button. (Validation might fail if it's an old MP3 record though.)

By the way, back when we were using Xaseco on our servers, I also saw that "Player X is cheating" in my log a lot. Except "X" is my name, or my friend's name, or whoever I know is a legit player. So as far as I know, it's very unreliable. I wouldn't be surprised if you banned a bunch of legit players.
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

BestNoob wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:12 I see that this will become a HUGHE theme so lets clearify some things for the other people players & server admins.

1. Facts:
- its a hughe work to clear dedimania and local databse from cheated times
- there are older public global bannlists for cheaters http://www.gamers.org/tm2/dedimania_blacklist.txt and http://www.gamers.org/tmf/dedimania_blacklist.txt
To clarify the clarified facts, the TMF blacklist is not old but actively maintained. Also, huge is spelled without a second 'h'. ;)
BestNoob wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:12 @slig
@xymph

You as Dedimania Masters ^^
Wouldnt it be easy if nadeo and TM Community set the rule that cutting is not allowed ?
No, harder, and in fact, impossible. Tracks can also have a multilap start, or multiple routes, and these cannot automagically be differentiated from cuts and cheats, all of which can result in feasible or infeasible records and sector patterns. Besides, cutting is an inherent part of TM culture, as Miss also alluded to.
BestNoob wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:12 So you can create a wipe tool that automaticly delete all cheated Dedimania records
That tool has been built into the Dedimania admin interface since the very beginning, but is not and should never be run automatically. For TMF I look at the track(s) themselves, whether the CP pattern of the suspect record does appear feasible or not, and at the suspect login and the context of the other records done by it. No tool can automatically assess all relevant factors, that's why deletion of records and banning of logins should be a human decision.

In the early days of TM2 I started doing the same there, but it became too much work and there were technical problems with MP1-MP3 replays that made it impossible to increase automation of cheat detection, so I gave up.
BestNoob wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:12 Maybe you can add a feature that servers send automaticly replays to you or other staffs to check things before they become a perma bann ?
TM2 replays are already collected on the Dedimania stats site if the pertaining server controller supports it, and can indeed be used to help verify whether records may be cheated. But again, not automatically.

Miss wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:48 If you suspect a dedimania record is cheated, you report it to slig (or other admins, if they exist, honestly I don't know).
When I quit monitoring for TM2 cheated records, Vrba took over to deal with forum reports, but lately it's all gone fairly quiet.
Miss wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:48 So as far as I know, it's very unreliable.
That is entirely possible. :P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Miss

Post by Miss »

Also, I believe you need to have a dedimania donator account in order to actually download the replays which is kind of counter intuitive here, but eh.. Plenty of people who you could ask to download a replay I'm sure.
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “UASECO”