Low FPS

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

ownmaster

Low FPS

Post by ownmaster »

Hello, been playing this game for a long time and last update significantly dropped FPS.
I was hoping it will be fixed, but nothing happened.
Will it be fixed?
TMarc

Re: Low FPS

Post by TMarc »

FPS did not change, unless you were playing it before Nadeo started to use DirectX11 for Maniaplanet.
In that case your system might be to weak indeed.
But you could also post your system specification...
speedychris

Post by speedychris »

One of the last updates (not the first MP4.1) decreased FPS on complex Maps a lot. Normaly i have 100-150 fps, on this Maps it goes down to around 70 and the game feels laggy.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Please provide us with your system specs, your type of internet connection, your location.
Thank you :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Hi here

I have a similar issue. Half of FPS are sometimes dropped.

Today I launched the game once it was very smooth with 250-300 fps

Later, without any modification of the config, FPS stucks at 120fps ... but not very smooth ...

This behavior occurs since I replaced my old Intel i7 2600k for an AMD Ryzen 2700x. (And a Windows reinstallation of course)

I tried default parameters, to force some option on Nvidia ... But I'm not able to get exactly what is happening ...
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
speedychris

Post by speedychris »

The reason is are the new reflections effects, specially on custom Blocks with Windows. If i set Water Reflections to low FPS are back on good.
Hardware: i5-6600K, nVidia GTX1070 (yes totaly oversized for TM :D )
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Thank you for your feedback :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Demented

Post by Demented »

This may be obvious to most but the other day I was testing a big map when I suddenly had a massive framerate drop after computing shadows. Game got super choppy and gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach (like a pc fatality). Then I found that for some reason my view had gone from Full Screen to Maximized Windowed, not noticeable visually, but definitely dropped the frame rates massively.
I'm guessing this is not the issue, but for some with fps issues may be worth a try.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
ownmaster

Post by ownmaster »

Alinoa wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 13:21Please provide us with your system specs, your type of internet connection, your location.
Windows 7 x64, A10-5800K with embedded GPU, 8GB RAM, FHD monitor, 50 Mbps, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Nothing has changed in the system about drivers for a looong time, its super stable.
Ping didn't change.
Graphics settings are the lowest possible (see attachment) and are also unchanged.

There are 3 window modes for SM:
1) Fullscreen - normal mode
2) Transparent fullscreen: when you switch to game it is fullscreen, but when you switch to any other window, you can see SM game action in the taskbar (like when you play video file) - it was alway "laggy", though FPS seemed not so low.
3) Maximized

What has changed after latest updates (~1 month ago, AFAIR): FPS in window mode #1 is around 30 (before updates it was around 60 +/- for many years already) and that is why the game is unplayable. Modes #2 and #3 where always bad and I guess nothing changed about them, but now I can say that mode #2 is less shitty then #1.
Attachments
sm-graphics.png
sm-graphics.png (14.08 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Did you notice that something changed if you do as explained by Speedychris?
speedychris wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 19:49 The reason is are the new reflections effects, specially on custom Blocks with Windows. If i set Water Reflections to low FPS are back on good.
Hardware: i5-6600K, nVidia GTX1070 (yes totaly oversized for TM :D )
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

Return to “Shootmania”