[CRASH] During shadow computing TM² Valley

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

thebigmouw

[CRASH] During shadow computing TM² Valley

Post by thebigmouw »

Hello everyone,

I installed Trackmania² Valley yesterday and I've got problems with shadows computing.

When I compute the shadows on a track I made myself, the game often crash while computing them. The game closes itself without any explanation. It doesn't happens everytime but very often and when it happens it is often near the end of the computing but before saving the changes so that all work done since the last backup is gone.

The daylight used seems to affect this bug since the game didn't crash yet when computing shadows with a night mode. The computing speed chosen (fast or default) doesn't seem to change anything about it. It both happens just after a validation or when computing shadows from the light settings menu. The complexity of the map may influence this bug since I made a map with 3 blocks and I didn't get any problem with shadows computing on it.

I've got crashlogs in Documents\Maniaplanet\LogCrash, they seem to indicate a segmentation fault, but it happens at different addresses on each crash. I can send you the crash files if there is an appropriate place for it.
I tried to disable multi threading in the configurations menu hoping to solve a race condition but it didn't change anything.

I also have Trackmania² Lagoon so I can make some tests on it if you think it might be useful.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. : I can speak french if it's easier for you
Alinoa

Re: [CRASH] During shadow computing TM² Valley

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and you can send us your crashlog here.

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
thebigmouw

Post by thebigmouw »

Hello Alinoa,

Here are the 4 crashlog files I have.

Many thanks for investigating this.
LogCrash_0000000140212260.txt
(49.85 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
LogCrash_00000001402120B9.txt
(49.24 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
LogCrash_0000000140252A1C.txt
(49.49 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
LogCrash_00007FFDC34C8CF4.txt
(49.31 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

Are you sure that you don't place any custom block on the track?
The lightmap crash is often caused by them
/\rkady

Return to “Trackmania² Reports”