MP Server not reachable?

Moderator: NADEO

Derfuhr

MP Server not reachable?

Post by Derfuhr »

Hi,

i had set up the new MP-Server, forwarded the Ports, configured the firewall, i get allways this Message:

Code: Select all

- Warning! -
You seem to be on a private network.
Unless you have configured your NAT,
other players on internet will not be
able to join in...
But that's not true, i switched my Webserver Port to the same like MP Server for testing, it is reachable from Public. I turned firewall off, the same. Changing portnumber takes no effect. If i try to join the Server from Online, it doesn't work, only in Local-mode.

The Router is not the problem, it forwards the requests.
The firewall is not the problem, I had switched off shortly.
Third-Party software like additional software firewall isn't installed.

What could i do to solve this Problem?
Miss

Re: MP Server not reachable?

Post by Miss »

Are you sure you're not running the server at the same time as the webserver? You can't run 2 servers on the same port. (On Linux, you can't even run servers on ports < 1000 if I remember correctly without root, so I don't recommend using port 80 or 443 anyway.) Also, you'll need both TCP & UDP forwarded if you don't want the game to fallback to TCP. Also, you need the server_p2p_port forwarded on TCP as well.

Code: Select all

<server_port>2350</server_port>
<server_p2p_port>3450</server_p2p_port>
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Derfuhr

Post by Derfuhr »

Yes, i'm sure that both using different Ports. I switched only for testing. Both is running, the Apache on the default Ports 80/443, for the MP Server first i used the default ports 2350 and 3450, tested with other Ports 4456 and 4556.

This Images i will remove from server in a few days. If my Router would not works correct or my Firewall, you could not see this Images.

images removed, because problem solved.
Last edited by Derfuhr on 11 Apr 2019, 21:38, edited 2 times in total.
Derfuhr

Post by Derfuhr »

I'm not sure, but i believe i figured out what was wrong, now i use the /forceip switch in the commandline, now i can join the server in online mode, but i get kickt after different durations, when rejoin UDP-initialization failed. That is because same IP of Client and Server?
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Are you playing on the same Local Network (LAN) as the server? If so, you'll need to join the server from the LAN menu inside the title, not through the multiplayer server browser in the title's station on the main menu.

For the past few months, whenever I have tried to join a local server through the station's multiplayer server browser, I have experienced the same symptoms you described. If I actually enter the title and go to LOCAL PLAY | LOCAL NETWORK, it works fine.

Are others able to join your server from outside your local network?
Derfuhr

Post by Derfuhr »

At the Moment i can't say if other Players can join, or they get kicked like me. This evening i will test it with a friend.

The Server and Client running in the same network, better said on the same machine. I think UDP does not work because of the same IP, but when i can play(local mode) against other (online players) all is good. I will post the result if I have tested.
Miss

Post by Miss »

fng_thatoneguy wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 15:17 Are you playing on the same Local Network (LAN) as the server? If so, you'll need to join the server from the LAN menu inside the title, not through the multiplayer server browser in the title's station on the main menu.
Yep indeed, this sounds like the likely cause :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Derfuhr wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 15:56 At the Moment i can't say if other Players can join, or they get kicked like me. This evening i will test it with a friend.

The Server and Client running in the same network, better said on the same machine. I think UDP does not work because of the same IP, but when i can play(local mode) against other (online players) all is good. I will post the result if I have tested.
I can try connecting as well, if you let me know what the server name is.
Good luck! :thumbsup:
hackie

Post by hackie »

I also had a local server problem , maybe helpfull :

viewtopic.php?p=272793#p272793

If you scroll a post back you find my problem. Oli gave a solution.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
Derfuhr

Post by Derfuhr »

Thanks, that is good to know. Just tested if other players can join, they will not kicked, all works good. :3
Last edited by Derfuhr on 11 Apr 2019, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dedicated Server”