The Situation in ShootMania

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

wazerti

Re: The Situation in ShootMania

Post by wazerti »

Hylis wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 20:01 I read it all. It's just that there is nothing to say at the moment.

Last week an small update has been made to enable some dev. The games is 6 years old and like you said, there is not a lot of players on it. Hard to invest all our time in it. So, we move forward with what we can, try to fix stuff, not break too much others. I don't think many games have still dev after so many years with such player base. And for some players to be here, I see this as something encouraging that we have something into the way we do things, with off course many big things to address at the same time.

We can not announce things at the moment and I don't expect to do it soon : many months, a year, more, I really don't know. Discussions on a weekly basis is difficult to have in this case. Maybe something more meaningful would be done on SM Storm by then but I can not say if yes or no even if I know it would be better to have a clear yes or no.
I expect the same answer for Trackmania...
hackie

Post by hackie »

Lost Hylis his positivity ?
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

From Hylis' last post, I don't see negativity and also no missing positivity, since they do all they can.
Simple pure realism.
And he certainly became even more careful about what to write, due to the past issues with (mis-)interpreting his messages.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

To be fairly honest, I don't care about SM or TM anymore. I just want that Nadeo gets successful. Let it be with TM/SM or a new game. Idc. They just deserve to be successful. All the pain that they had to endure over the last years.. by pursuing a dream... damn that hurts. I really wish that they get their success for what they have been working and waiting the last years. Seriously.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Soprah wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 22:04 To be fairly honest, I don't care about SM or TM anymore. I just want that Nadeo gets successful. Let it be with TM/SM or a new game. Idc. They just deserve to be successful. All the pain that they had to endure over the last years.. by pursuing a dream... damn that hurts. I really wish that they get their success for what they have been working and waiting the last years. Seriously.
totally agreed. If they wouldn't care about what they do they wouldn't exist anymore :pil
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
moimoi69

Post by moimoi69 »

Soprah wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 22:04 To be fairly honest, I don't care about SM or TM anymore. I just want that Nadeo gets successful. Let it be with TM/SM or a new game. Idc. They just deserve to be successful. All the pain that they had to endure over the last years.. by pursuing a dream... damn that hurts. I really wish that they get their success for what they have been working and waiting the last years. Seriously.
Ahhh I like it when we talk like his thanks soprah it still shows our motivation for the company and the team! :1010 :clap: :thumbsup:
wawawawu

Post by wawawawu »

Sorry to say I don't agree...

To me it looks a bit like the "hen and egg" problem... What was first?

I'm not in the mood to chew all that stuff again; we did that too often. Pointless as it's not changing anything.

Just some thoughts: the playerbase WAS big enough. We HAD teams like aAa and the fragdolls. We HAD big events and tournaments... Then evolving starts and went maybe not in the right direction...

You all know maybe what happened to giving gamers project. Its was about SM and TM² as well. So i thought it would be attractive to companies to spend some money to get advertise in the game... But every company i asked to jump in and give it a try said: "As long as the dev's don't care about the game and do no advert at all, why should we do? When giving money to a charity, we wanna have to make our investment public to the world. The game is great, pleeze come back when the world knows it!" Not even Nadeo or Ubi did... So the project died, 90 % of the collected money was my own... Maybe you can imagine my feelings about. And believe me, i got some very harsh mails and posts in forum, because the ppl that spended planets thought i am a thief or an impostor because i couldnt deliver some good news at all. And I couldn't give back because monthly balancing took the most of them.

As long as nobody knows the game at all and as long as none of those responsible takes care of a change to this case, the community will shrink, not get stronger. I'm not ok with this, but I'm not in the place for to change this.

I agree in one point, its a hard work to develop and put time in a game, noone plays, but its part of the dev's work to make the world know this game...

To give an example:
My children love to play shootmania, but don't do it, because none of their friends do it. So they started playing ... fortnite :( Urgh!
Wawa says: there is no failure, just results! If you hate the outcome, the wrong way you took... Respawn!
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Thanks Flo and moimoi :thumbsup:

My old friend wawawawu... I feel your disappointment. We both (and like many others too) held projects for the game. We failed. Failing creates bitterness, anger. I felt the same feelings and still do to a certain extent. Yes, Nadeo "failed". They had an unique game concept. Unique regarding the gameplay and unique regarding their game management. Sometimes it turns out to be good (regarding the gameplay. We all love it!) and sometimes it turns to be bad on another aspect (regarding the advertisement etc.).

Anyways.. there is no point in "chewing all that stuff again" like you said. Just let it go. The more you try to get a girl back, the less is the chance that you will get her back. Probably an inappropiate example to explain what I am saying haha. Additionally, by being upset you will not only harm those who you are upset to... but also yourself by damaging your nerves and your soul. Let the pain go as the trees let their blossoms go...

And for your kids: We all used to be kids. We had the same habits. Most of us started playing Trackmania because Trackmania was like fortnite back then. It was free and everybody played it :mrgreen:
moimoi69

Post by moimoi69 »

Good morning, everyone,

I perceive your disappointment, but let us look to the future instead.
Yes, "Nadeo failed", but they're going to get their act together.
It will probably take time to do this, but as you can see, they are working on trackmania. They're trying to compete.
There are several streamers like zerator and domingo that make cups. For my part, I think that Trackmania²'s popularity will gradually increase, I feel that way. :1010 :thumbsup:

Finally, I think Shootmania will also increase in popularity, but it will take I think more time. However, for this to be the case, we would need more manpower and more exchanges with the community, us, the Shootmania players. :3 :clap:

For us, the Shootmania players, anger is growing, because we have the impression that you are not listening to us... Let's wait for the next updates to be sure of that!
We don't ask for anything complicated, we just need NADEO to interact with its community, on google doc for example, and we will answer you with great pleasure. :1010 :1010 :thx:
To conclude, for some time now, we can notice that former players are coming back to the game as well as new players!
Yesterday there were 70 players in the afternoon it was rare but I think it's a sign.
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

moimoi69 wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 09:47 Good morning, everyone,

I perceive your disappointment, but let us look to the future instead.
Yes, "Nadeo failed", but they're going to get their act together.
It will probably take time to do this, but as you can see, they are working on trackmania. They're trying to compete.
There are several streamers like zerator and domingo that make cups. For my part, I think that Trackmania²'s popularity will gradually increase, I feel that way. :1010 :thumbsup:

Finally, I think Shootmania will also increase in popularity, but it will take I think more time. However, for this to be the case, we would need more manpower and more exchanges with the community, us, the Shootmania players. :3 :clap:

For us, the Shootmania players, anger is growing, because we have the impression that you are not listening to us... Let's wait for the next updates to be sure of that!
We don't ask for anything complicated, we just need NADEO to interact with its community, on google doc for example, and we will answer you with great pleasure. :1010 :1010 :thx:
To conclude, for some time now, we can notice that former players are coming back to the game as well as new players!
Yesterday there were 70 players in the afternoon it was rare but I think it's a sign.
:clap: :clap:

Return to “Shootmania”