[BUG][URGENT]Please fix the SnowCar physics...

Moderator: English Moderator

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

[BUG][URGENT]Please fix the SnowCar physics...

Post by Florenzius »

Hey there,

since unbitn is currently working on TrackMania One Alpine we also got to face the SnowCar archetype, and we found many problems that make further work with the vehicle impossible.

1. The physics have significant differences and on top of all random bugs (when jumping f.e.) appear. Block transition can lift the car in the air and also jumps can result in different jumping heights or results. The car also feels easier/faster to control and it is somewhat harder to take a smooth line. It seems to have a slightly smaller hitbox than the TMU version, but I can be wrong ehre. It also tilts very easily at higher speed which is not the case in TMU. Just like the DesertCar before it got a fix.

2. The suspensions of the ArcheType are bugged or still use an old system. The other cars have working suspensions, but this car lets them look oddly.

guerro and me made a video that shows all problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi_6vHp ... e=youtu.be

Apparently the physics have a huge difference there and that makes it impossible to play proper TMU track recreations or even play any map without launching the car in the orbit.

Please have a look on that Nadeo, we need a fix very soon, otherwise we can't continue developing the titlepack and finally the campaign.

Thank you very much in advance,
florenzius on behalf of unbitn.
Last edited by Florenzius on 14 Apr 2019, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
riolu

Re: [BUG][URGENT]SnowCar ArcheType gameplay and suspensions are bugged

Post by riolu »

Thanks for bringing up this detailed information. It's clear that there are some issues with the suspensions here, especially the fact that the car bounces off the road on banked/tilted blocks really often for whatever reason makes proper SnowCar gameplay rather annoying.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: [BUG][URGENT]Please fix the SnowCar physics...

Post by Florenzius »

Still waiting for it to be fixed.. :|

I know there's probably other priorities for Nadeo right now but around June to July we want to finally release our Snow remaster for ManiaPlanet and the physics make it literally unplayable. Lots of random bumps on slopes and so on. See the post above.

It would be really appreciated to see a fix coming soon since we want players to enjoy our work with properly working physics.

Thanks
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Miss

Post by Miss »

Moved to public forum as per request :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Luk

Post by Luk »

I really hope someone looks into this.

In the current state these bugs are way too common when the road is banked. It's really annoying to build anything with the banked roads, banked platform or tubes(when not driving at the bottom).

These jump-bugs also happen with the snowcar in Dommys TMAll titlepack, so this is most likely an issue with the archetype and not with the item geometries of the TMOne titlepack.
Sparkster

Post by Sparkster »

Since the 4.1 update was out, its physics are not 100% the same than in TMUF. You should really play TMUF for some time, make notes and then try to recreate it.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If TMUF is that much great, why don't you simply keep playing that, instead of trying to force the developpers desperately to change stuff they actually don't think of?

Please don't get me wrong, it is great that you are creative. I like your work, it is very impressive!
But honestly I don't need it "all exactly as it is with TMUF". You are creating basically a new game with own behavior.
You could have focused on completely new stuff instead of trying to recreate something which is already finished and there for long time already.
Or at least deal with the things you get with Maniaplanet.

But if you and the players actually don't want new stuff, always claim for old stuff and old behavior, then the developers also don't need to continue their new intended development, which is then basically the end for Trackmania2, don't you think?

My personal meaning only, and a thought to make you think very well what you want to request and to achieve here!

:thx:
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I guess it's not the point what we are aiming for or not. It's all about fun, for both us as developers and the players. They enjoy it, we do. But if Nadeo includes TMU ArcheTypes which are obviously made for projects like TMOne to help us recreate the old environments, they shouldn't be that broken. Nothing bad about Nadeo because I really appreciate their move but there's nothing wrong about requesting a bugfix.
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

+1
Last edited by ThaumicTom on 09 Dec 2019, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU
ChallengeSY

Post by ChallengeSY »

It would be nice to see this car given more attention. Unpredictable bugs also affect its viability in KO competitions, whether it be KO5 (Mixed Rounds), KO10 (Mixed Time Attack), or KO11 (TMOne Rounds).

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”