Join bug on ManiaPlanet servers + channel programs

Moderator: English Moderator

Timania

Join bug on ManiaPlanet servers + channel programs

Post by Timania »

Hello, guys.

I occur a nasty and game-breaking bug, which happens since a few weeks now. There seemed to be no workaround, no fix in near future and no one reported it, even i'm not the only one, who get this bug at this time.
Following bug occurs to me:

If i want to join a regular TrackMania/ShootMania server (or one of both channel programs), i get into the server like normal and it says me "Please wait...". Everything's normal till this point.
But i don't get in a player/spectator point, i can't see any players on the track, the timer goes up to ridiculous times like 300 hours left to play and i can't access anything in this moment...not the menu bar on top, not the normal menu to leave and re-join the server. I can somehow chat with the other people on the server, but that's it.
Normally the server kicks me after 1-5 minutes.

The bug has no pattern, on which i could think of what occur this and i can't see, what makes it working again, if i get to that point. But it happens very often and breaks my game experience, if i wanna play SmurfsCup Royal, riolu's XD race or the MX Knockout for example. Reinstallation of ManiaPlanet + try to join a server "clean" (with no custom files as skins, items, map etc. whatsoever) + re-opening TCP + UDP ports on my router and Windows Firewall won't work as well.

Maybe someone has a workaround for that or occur the same issues as me. If so, please reply on this thread.

cheers.
timania.
ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋᴍᴀɴɪᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ. ᴇꜱᴛ ᴍᴍxxᴠɪ.

Discord: timania#5328

system specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT - 16 GB DDR4-3600 - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - Windows 10 Pro (soon.)
verstatm

Re: Join bug on ManiaPlanet servers + channel programs

Post by verstatm »

I have the same issue, mostly when joining through friends. This isnt normal and made me miss several competetions at this point. Should we wait 9 years like with randsteins?
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello,

Verstatm, by joining through friends, could you please detail how you do?
Timania, did you notice if this issue happened when you join a server through a special and same way?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
verstatm

Post by verstatm »

When i start the game and join a server through friendslist (my friend playing there) i get this bug more often
Timania

Post by Timania »

Alinoa wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 15:25 Hello,

Verstatm, by joining through friends, could you please detail how you do?
Timania, did you notice if this issue happened when you join a server through a special and same way?
Hey, Alinoa!

No, the bug happen on any way i join a server. Means over the friends list, channel programs, the server list before you join a titlepack and after you joined the titlepack and go on "Online Race".

cheers.
timania.
Last edited by Timania on 23 Jul 2019, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

system specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT - 16 GB DDR4-3600 - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - Windows 10 Pro (soon.)
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I have the same bug
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

Happened to me few times too :?
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello guys,

Could you please use the version of the executable with debug logs: viewtopic.php?f=659&t=45018?
We don't encounter this issue from our side.

Thanks a lot :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Timania

Post by Timania »

Alinoa wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 16:21 Hello guys,

Could you please use the version of the executable with debug logs: viewtopic.php?f=659&t=45018?
We don't encounter this issue from our side.

Thanks a lot :)
Hello, Alinoa!

Luckily i got the server bug rather soon after i started the log executables.
I provide you the log file attached to this answer. For some reason there's a file called "FreezeDetect.txt". I attached it as well.

cheers.
timania.
Attachments
ManiaPlanetLog-2019-07-25-18-46-49.txt
(152.51 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
FreezeDetect.txt
(8 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times

verstatm

Post by verstatm »

thanks timonio, dont need to do it at least ^^

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”