[Urgent] Maps using Custom Blocks included in TitlePacks fail to load on servers

Moderator: English Moderator

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: [Urgent] Maps using Custom Blocks included in TitlePacks fail to load on servers

Post by eyebo »

Oh, true. Most of those are in addition to the 100.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
MrA

Re: [Urgent] Maps using Custom Blocks included in TitlePacks fail to load on servers

Post by MrA »

So we played an alpine KO last night, all the maps had to be modified to contain the void block as an added object. And if we want to have a regular online server, then again, all maps will have to be modified to allow them to be played online.

But, last night was awesome, one of the best Trackmania nights in history, thank you Nadeo for making TMOne Alpine possible :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Enjoying TMOne
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I was writing this before I saw MrA had made a post. So I'll go ahead and post it. :P

We couldn't wait any longer to start playing maps online in Alpine. So we moved forward with a workaround and gave instructions to all builders how to make their maps playable online. It's some extra steps we hoped not to burden people with, but it seems the best solution for now.

Yesterday was the first series of Alpine Knockouts. We had ~50 people at one of them. And everyone seemed to have a great time.

Thankfully we're able to do a workaround in Alpine because no custom materials/textures were used for the block. That's not always going to be the case in other titlepacks. In fact, one of the main reasons you'd use this feature is to use custom materials with a block. So the issue is still an important one that should be fixed.

I'll +1 that last line MrA said. Thanks for making Alpine possible, especially by importing the TMU cars last year. :thx:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Miss

Post by Miss »

There was a recent undocumented patch (actually 2 patches, one was in beta), have you guys tried this on the latest version of the game yet? As far as I know, there's no official changelog for these updates. (At least, not on the forum..)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

hello!

(yes sorry I was a bit in a rush didn't post to the forum.)

Yes it's an update we've been preparing to fix this issue.
I made an updated server: viewtopic.php?f=261&t=46142

The client I'm a bit reluctant to push to everybody just before the week-end. But you can test the fix by downloading the debug exe.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Ah, they've been in beta all this time? I actually thought they were already pushed to public. Good to know this is hopefully fixed now though!
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Nicklander

Post by Nicklander »

Ehh... I'm confused. What is the problem here ?
If you run a dedicated server you simply need to add the titlepack to the server, then you can load all the maps made with that title pack.

TBH: If you want your maps to be playable on vanilla servers you have to embed the blocks in the map file. The blocks of a titlepack are not embedded in the map, otherwise the map file will be way too huge (makes sense). So if you want to build a map that should be add-able to all servers and if you only use a restricted amount of custom blocks then you will have to extract all of the custom blocks you want to use out of the titlepack in order to embed them in the vanilla editor.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Nicklander wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 05:28 Ehh... I'm confused. What is the problem here ?
If you run a dedicated server you simply need to add the titlepack to the server, then you can load all the maps made with that title pack.
Did you read the first post? This was an actual valid bug report that's supposedly fixed now :P
I also stream and tweet.
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

(update is now live for everybody.)
Miss

Post by Miss »

Hey xbx, I think you forgot to push it to beta branch. Thanks for the fix though! :thumbsup:
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “MP4.1 REPORTS / BUGS / INFORMATION”