Block variations

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Nicklander

Block variations

Post by Nicklander »

Last edited by Nicklander on 30 Sep 2019, 22:18, edited 3 times in total.
Nicklander

Re: Block variations

Post by Nicklander »

Last edited by Nicklander on 30 Sep 2019, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.
verstatm

Re: Block variations, Remove blockclips & Advanced editing

Post by verstatm »

try airmapping
Harest

Re: Block variations, Remove blockclips & Advanced editing

Post by Harest »

1) Not sure, what's the MX link / name of the Spheriz Cup track? I'd assume it's an embedded water item.
3) Yes, OpenPlanet.
2) By using OpenPlanet. However you want to do this stuff at the very end of the mapping process because clips will come back everytime you open the map in the editor. To remove clips, you want to display the advanced dev tools and then you should see something called "old mixblocking". From there by placing 2 blocks and removing one of them, the one left will have his clip (which was attached to the removed block) removed. Sometimes it can be buggy and you'll need to remove a block adjacent to the one you want with no clips, replace it while having old mix-mapping activated, and then undo the action (ctrl+Z) for the unwanted clip to disappear again.
I learnt all this the hard way when i built my latest map (Twinster Helix). I did this too early, and instead of removing a clip at the very end which was mainly just to remove an visible mixblocking which wasn't really obstructing the way, i re-did the full step each time i edited the map. However i sent the map many times for review (as specified for the concerned event) so i wanted it to always be clean.
Nicklander

Re: Block variations

Post by Nicklander »

Return to “Track Editor”