[FIXED][Not a bug] Opening the Commands menu makes you auto give up / restart the map from the beginning

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Harest

[FIXED][Not a bug] Opening the Commands menu makes you auto give up / restart the map from the beginning

Post by Harest »

Hi,

For some reasons, when you open the commands menu while you're in the middle of a run on a map, you're set back to the start of the said map.
It occured yesterday to a friend, here's the Twitch Clip (french; i let a bit of salt at the start as an extra; issue seen at ~19s) :
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnchantingRealAsteriskPMSTwin
We were on Maniacisco map (TM RPG), he was already quite angry on this cp12 at the backwards free wheel part where he kept getting... bamboozled Image. I kept saying to bind this damn free look key, until he finally did. He had all "give up" binds unset* before we started as i tell everyone to do so for their own sake. Still, opened the commands menu, he was back at the start of the map.

I know that for some reasons (? replays related maybe ?), when you bind some keys they'll not work on the fly. But forcing an auto give up is a bit too much.

I tried to reproduce it myself, i couldn't. On his end however it's reproducible and occur 100% of the time.

*Okay, almost all. There was still "U" binded to give up (cf. start of the VOD). But he tried again a few minutes ago after unbinding it and he still got a restart.

Update : Somehow he bound give up on his left mouse click...
Last edited by Harest on 09 Sep 2019, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Harest

Re: Opening the Commands menu makes you auto give up / restart the map from the beginning

Post by Harest »

Update : He also got a restart after finishing the map, simply by upvoting the map from the controller interface (here PyPlanet 0.6.4).
In the VOD (normally it starts automatically at the right time, if not, it's 5:44:11) :
https://youtu.be/aVx8tZZAIfs?t=20651

There was another one at the start (23:33) but i've no idea what he did exactly so i'm not including this one. The cam was locked as the cam 3 (internal), he wanted to cam7, and somehow he restarted the map.
I've advised him to reinstall ManiaPlanet at this point, but yeah, all this stuff is really strange to say the least.
Edit : I've the feeling "give up" has been set on the left click somehow.
Edit² : That was it. Unbinding all mouse binds fixed it.

Return to “Trackmania² Reports”