OpenPlanet Questions

Openplanet is an alternative scripting platform for the ManiaPlanet creative community.

Moderators: Miss, NADEO

ranig

OpenPlanet Questions

Post by ranig »

We have a couple of questions with regards to OpenPlanet capabilities, notably in terms of modifying existing maps.

- Is it possible to change the time of day, remove any mod, and recompute shadows on a batch of maps without opening them in the editor (maps by other mappers, generally password protected, and we don't want to modify the original mapper's name, validation time, etc)

- Is it possible to change all instances of a given block on a map by instances of a custom variant of that same block, without opening it in the editor (again that would be on maps by other mappers, on which we don't want to change anything else). More precisely, I would like to be able to change all road CPs on a set of maps by this variant http://www.maniapark.com/ressource.php?id=4162
Your Trackmania resource for Nascar racing http://www.tm-nascar.com
Miss

Re: OpenPlanet Questions

Post by Miss »

1. Maybe, I'm not sure, you could take a look at the documentation yourself for pointers.

2. Should be possible, since you have access to all of the editor features.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
chapelier

Post by chapelier »

Hello, I'm looking for a tool/plugin/any way to extract the coordinates (X Y Z) of all the checkpoints in a map.
I know the plugin "cursor coordinates" in map editor but I would avoid doing it manually for each checkpoint.
Any idea ?
thanks
Miss

Post by Miss »

I think this is doable with a regular Maniascript editor plugin, so you might not specifically need Openplanet for this. I'm no Maniascript expert though, so someone else might be able to answer that question.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Openplanet”