Modding, what is allowed?

Openplanet is an alternative scripting platform for the ManiaPlanet creative community.

Moderators: Miss, NADEO

Derfuhr

Modding, what is allowed?

Post by Derfuhr »

Hi,

at the moment i do a DLL for Openplanet, i want to have good Drawing Functions, for 2D and 3D. But i have sometimes Problems with OP, if i create a Window in the DLL(RegisterClass, CreateWindow), it works, but sometimes maniaplanet freezes and still freezed after closing the window(when the window was moved, i'm not sure if this is my mistake, Logs are Empty) just wanted to make a video, there everything works, demonstration effect. :(

In what ways it is allowed access data? May I, for example, Redirect EndScene () for overlays?

Regards, Derfuhr.
Miss

Re: Modding, what is allowed?

Post by Miss »

Uhh sure I suppose, although at that point it really becomes a question of what you want to render. It's a lot better to put your API suggestions here so I can implement them properly in scripting and you don't need a dll to do weird hooking of a hook, etc.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Derfuhr

Re: Modding, what is allowed?

Post by Derfuhr »

I already have a small DirectX engine, which I would have used to render, with I could hook EndScene to render my overlay. So a little DLL for GUI like Openplanet.

Sometimes you drive head up or down and can be difficult to orient, so I want to render a small car 3d-model(simple wavefront files) with the appropriate rotation of the player.

As I imagine this with the 2d Drawing, I think again exactly and then write in the discord.

Return to “Openplanet”