[ANNOYING] In Map editor, Icon generation following mood & extern shadows

Moderator: NADEO

AurelSM

[ANNOYING] In Map editor, Icon generation following mood & extern shadows

Post by AurelSM »

Hello,
while we use Map editor to edit / create an item, the Icon generated will be created in function of the mood and extern stuffs around (blocks, lights etc...)

I would prefer personally that works in the same way whatever the situation.
The same generation than in the Item Editor is certainly the best.

Here the video (french only, sorry) >
https://youtu.be/kdUy0uJ6Ufs

Thanks
reggie1000
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [ANNOYING] In Map editor, Icon generation following mood & extern shadows

Post by reggie1000 »

Hi Aurel,

Thank you for the detailed video. I came across the same problem last year when creating macroblocks for the Follow Me shows, the same issue happens when generating a macroblock icon.

If I remember correctly, I asked quickly to a colleague to know what was going on, and I got answered that this was normal and that I simply had to create my blocks with the day theme on, which I did... At least, after forgetting about it a few times and mechanically creating sunset maps.

If I understood correctly, it would be pretty tough to fix this as we would have to create a second scene with different lighting or change the lightning and ignore shadows from other blocks for the icon generation, plus, maybe some people intentionally played with this trick in order to use sunrise lighting for their icons etc, which would no longer be possible if this was changed.

If I can find some time, will still try to check quickly to see if this would indeed be hard to fix or if this maybe is an intentional choice. I definitely cannot promise you that this will be changed yet, but I'll try to at least take a look at it.

Cheers,
Lama
Nadeo|Lama on ManiaPlanet :D
I work on the map editor, plugins and more.

Hit me up in french, dutch or english :thumbsup:
reggie1000
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [ANNOYING] In Map editor, Icon generation following mood & extern shadows

Post by reggie1000 »

Hi, so I've checked with the team, and this problem is known about and people have been looking into it for a while. It is not an easy bug to fix, but there may be a fix someday.

I know this is not very precise, but I hope it answers your question for now.
Nadeo|Lama on ManiaPlanet :D
I work on the map editor, plugins and more.

Hit me up in french, dutch or english :thumbsup:

Return to “Mesh Modeler”