Maniacontrol issue on nc1.eu server

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

ranig

Maniacontrol issue on nc1.eu server

Post by ranig »

Hi! I have a small issue with the server I am hosting using the nc1.eu service site. Maniacontrol has been updated to 0.251, but since then it refuses to launch. The last maniacontrol logs are the following

Code: Select all

[25-Feb-2020 19:35:47 Europe/Berlin] Update finished!
[25-Feb-2020 19:35:48 Europe/Berlin] Restarting ManiaControl...
[25-Feb-2020 19:35:48 Europe/Berlin] Can't restart ManiaControl because the function 'system' is disabled!
[25-Feb-2020 19:35:48 Europe/Berlin] Quitting ManiaControl to restart.
[25-Feb-2020 19:35:48 Europe/Berlin] Quitting ManiaControl!
Questions are :
- is there something I need to change in my server configuration?
- or is it something that I should report to the nc1.eu support team?

Thanks!
Your Trackmania resource for Nascar racing http://www.tm-nascar.com
axelalex2

Re: Maniacontrol issue on nc1.eu server

Post by axelalex2 »

Hey ranig,
does it refuse even a clean reboot, where you manually restart ManiaControl? Because that would be very weird. My best guess is, that nc1.eu has disabled this function in their general PHP-configuration, because it could be used maliciously through a ManiaControl plugin against their servers. Unfortunately, this also disables the rebooting possibility of ManiaControl on Windows.

You can try and report this issue, but it is reasonable from nc1.eu side to disable that kind of functionality. So, given this, we need to implement a different rebooting mechanism, which does not involve calling the starting script.

For a quick fix, try to edit the PHP code yourself, by replacing "system($command);" with either "exec($command);" or "passthru($command);" in the file "core/Utils/SystemUtil.php" and tell me how well either change work. I cannot test those changes myself, as i am not a Windows-User.
Miss

Post by Miss »

To the devs: Just return a different exit code if you want to restart and in your bash script check which exit code was used, then restart when needed.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
ranig

Post by ranig »

So I tried to change the "system" calls into "exec" as suggested, but it did not do anything. In fact, there was something very fishy, which is that the ManiaControl.bat script (which I suppose starts ManiaControl) is almost empty and is just

Code: Select all

exit;
I may not know what this script should be, but I imagine it should not this ^^ But then again I do not know if the server runs on Linux or Windows unfortunately...

EDIT: so I found the backup of my maniacontrol install. The .bat is already like this, so this is likely not the issue...

I tried to take another maniacontrol install (from a non-nc1 server) and plug it there but it did not work.
I tried using the backup of the maniacontrol install, but it did not work either.
Your Trackmania resource for Nascar racing http://www.tm-nascar.com

Return to “ManiaControl”