Some car skins have glowing white textures?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

mrwallace888

Some car skins have glowing white textures?

Post by mrwallace888 »

Need a bit of help. I've noticed recently when using some car skins, there's white textures that glow, like they're missing or something.
I've noticed this when using a Renault 5 Turbo (on the suspension), a Subaru WRX Rally/Gymkhana skin (the steering wheel), another Subaru WRX (the seats), a Porsche 959 (the brake discs), etc.

They used to work, but not anymore. It's possible an update broke them a long time ago, but is there a fix?
SoraTWE

Re: Some car skins have glowing white textures?

Post by SoraTWE »

Its since the last maniaplanet update,unfortunately..
For explanation,a picture from my imported kadett,were it hitted hard :

Everywhere,were its white,I copied the object,for example the tire and rotated one of it 180 degrees.
So you have two tires/objects in one position.
If I would not have done this,you would have see-through from one side..so you are forced to make it two-sided..depending on the model..
But thats the problem : the game doesnt like two objects in exactly same position anymore and makes it white !

you can also only here try to ask the authors to update the cars,deleting that 2 objects at the same time in one position stuff..
Also I should take a hand again on that kadett,though,but I guess you all can imagine ,that it is a bad taste,when something gets changed after an update and you get bugs in your mods ,who worked over years and you have to find out,why..
But I dont want to complain,it is how it is..still it is nice ofcourse to do mods ;)
alainlyz

Post by alainlyz »

mrwallace888 wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 15:57 Need a bit of help. I've noticed recently when using some car skins, there's white textures that glow, like they're missing or something.
I've noticed this when using a Renault 5 Turbo (on the suspension), a Subaru WRX Rally/Gymkhana skin (the steering wheel), another Subaru WRX (the seats), a Porsche 959 (the brake discs), etc.

They used to work, but not anymore. It's possible an update broke them a long time ago, but is there a fix?
Is Trackmania Carpark offline? Been trying to access it for a week now, at least, Hope not, I go there often,

Tnx
DeRMulti

Post by DeRMulti »

Yes, it is offline after some issues. It should eventually come back but not time line yet.
mrwallace888

Post by mrwallace888 »

alainlyz wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 19:48 Is Trackmania Carpark offline? Been trying to access it for a week now, at least, Hope not, I go there often,

Tnx
It's been offline since early December at least. They got hacked and have been working hard since then to get it back up and running. I estimate early 2023 is when it'll come back, since the developers of the site have real lives to attend to, they have college and jobs and other more important things to work on, so trying to fix the site isn't a priority at the moment, unfortunately.

Return to “Trackmania 2”